Attention: All employees of the Presidents Office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved
exemption on medical or religious grounds. Individuals with approved exemptions must wear face coverings in public indoor settings and submit proof
of a negative COVID-19 test on a weekly basis.
University Bank Card Program Manager
Job no: 512901
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: South St Shrewsbury
Department: Unified Procurement Serv Team
Categories: Business & Financial Services, UPST, Procurement
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
The University Bank Card Program Manager manages the programs responsible for issuance and use of University administered procurement/purchasing cards, such as Bank Cards and Gift Card Only Bank Cards and is responsible for directing and managing the University Bank Card program staff to deliver services across the University System at the highest level to clients that focuses on quality, productivity and cost in an environment that fosters employee engagement, supports continuous improvement, manages risks, and ensures compliance with all policies and regulations.
University Bank Card programs provide an efficient and effective method of purchasing lower cost consumable items, non-capital equipment, services and business travel related charges. This position administers all aspects of the university issued Commercial Card program in accordance with Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and University of Massachusetts rules and regulations and has overall responsibility for the management and success of the bank card program.
- Functional and administrative supervision of University Bank Card Program staff.
- Serve as liaison to the Banking institutions for procurement/purchasing cards on all program-related tasks, including setting up cardholder accounts and card maintenance.
- Day-to-day management of professional and support staff working with and overseeing all procurement/purchasing cards.
- Write, implement, and maintain the cardholder guidelines, training, Bank Card standards and associated procedures.
- Assist cardholders with the issuance of new cards and problem resolution to include: declines, disputed charges, lost/stolen cards, fraud, account charges, damaged card, cancellations, corrections, and general questions.
- Maintain cardholder records on computerized financial system, and other databases as required.
- Provide access for users to bank system in order to retrieve monthly bank statements and to view account information.
- Maintain a record filing system for cardholder applications, agreements and documentation utilizing SalesForce.
- Review for staging errors and budget check errors on PeopleSoft.
- Reconcile UITS transaction feed report to bank transaction report to ensure accuracy.
- Ensures integrity and compliance of Bank Card systems for procurement/purchasing cards.
- Approve weekly support staff payroll.
- Establish and maintain an effective post audit program to monitor for compliance with rules and regulations. Procedures include transaction monitoring, cardholder activity compliance audits and review of submitted reimbursement requests.
- Work with Purchasing and Accounts Payable to identify expenditures that should be utilizing purchase orders rather than procurement/purchasing cards or reimbursements.
- Oversee all internal upgrades of Financial Reporting Software as they apply to the Bank Card program to ensure a smooth transition.
- Identify and implement process efficiencies and improvements for university procurement/purchasing card programs.
- Help plan continual rollout of enhancements and new opportunities for increased customer service for the procurement/purchasing card program.
- Ensure optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 – 7 years of professional experience directly related to Bank Card or related field administration
- Excellent written and oral communication and listening skills
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- 3 years of successful management experience of professional-level staff
- Professional experience in a higher education institution
- Experience working in a shared services environment
- Typical office environment
- Must be able to travel occasionally to all UMass campuses and the Boston central office
Salary commensurate with experience.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.