Manager, Application Development - PeopleSoft
Job no: 520963
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: Westborough
Department: UITS-Applications Development
Categories: Information Technology
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
The University Information Technology Services (UITS) department of the University of Massachusetts is seeking an experienced Application Development Manager (Manager, Applications) who wants to become part of an dynamic team of technology professionals supporting the institution's mission, “To enable UMASS to provide an affordable and accessible education of high quality and to conduct programs of research and public service that advance knowledge and improve the lives of the people of the Commonwealth, the nation and the world.”
We are transforming to adopt new capabilities such as cloud-first architecture, DevOps, and agile. We support a highly distributed and diverse environment for mission-critical systems for multiple campuses. We embrace a culture of continuous learning by fostering a growth mindset and working together to solve hard business and technology challenges, with strong leadership and coordination from the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and direct report units.
The Manager, Application Development - PeopleSoft is primarily responsible for leading a team of PeopleSoft developers focused on HCM, Finance and Student. The role will require working closely with the Application teams and/or Vendor partners to understand the end user requirements and to prioritize the work of the developers within the team. They are also responsible for helping drive adherence to and in the upkeep of SDLC processes and standards.
- Managing priorities and resource allocation for the development teams
- Act as Project Manager for internal projects as required
- Promoting and ensuring compliance with professional standards, industry standards for technology, regulation requirements and University of Massachusetts policies and procedures
- Document and track work using IT service management and project tracking tools
- Collaborate with end users, vendors and management to ensure the delivery and use of applications is consistent with business outcomes
- Identifying opportunities to modernize and/or automate applications or functions
- Maintaining on-going contact with broad range of University executives, departments and users as well as serving as technical advisor to UITS staff and users in assigned areas of responsibility or special expertise
- Promote a culture of continuous learning and UITS’ Most Valued Behaviors
Required Job Skills/Professional Competencies:
The individual should possess strong leadership skills, strong analytical skills and demonstrates the ability to balance technical constraints and user requirements.
Excellent demonstrated knowledge of:
- Software development lifecycle using both Agile and Waterfall concepts
- Relational databases
- Ability to accurately capture and document client/end-user requirements
- Developing, enhancing and supporting departmental applications in a networked, multi-vendor diverse-platform environment
Demonstrated professional proficiency with:
- Continuous learning of new skills and technologies
- Leading a team; providing feedback, guidance, mentoring and sharing knowledge with other team members
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Ability to act independently
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with external partners ensuring standards and best practices are adhered to
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or equivalent work experience
- Seven+ years of experience in application development
- Three+ years of experience as a team lead or lead developer
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead a team of developers on projects of varying complexity
- PeopleSoft HCM, Finance and/or Campus Solutions applications
- PeopleSoft version 9.2 development or higher, including PeopleTools 8.56 or higher, Application Designer, Application Engine, PeopleCode, Integration Broker, Fluid and Data Mover
- Knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 A and AA requirements.
- Experience applying WAI-ARIA authoring guidelines and best practices
- Experience with version control systems such as GitHub, Stat or Phire
- Highly accountable and able to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Ability to mentor coworkers
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Experience with Phire for source code control and process flow
- Experience with Secure SDLC standards
- Oracle or SQL database experience
- Experience with threat modeling
- Experience with Robotic Process Automation
- Management experience
- Experience with Salesforce
- Working in a higher education environment
Periodic evening and weekend work for planned maintenance and project work. Hybrid working environment with periodic travel to campuses.
Salary commensurate with experience up to $145,000.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend