University of Massachusetts President's Office Communications Internship
Job no: 503988
Position type: Internship
Campus: UMass President's Office
Categories: Public Relations, Marketing, Communications
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
The UMass President’s Office is seeking a part-time intern to work with the communications team over the Spring 2020 Semester.
The UMass President’s Office communications team works to tell the university’s story of service and impact in a compelling and purposeful way to local, national and global audiences. The department is responsible for the UMass system’s marketing and communications efforts and works closely with the campus communications teams.
The communications intern will be an integral part of the department’s daily activities and will gain valuable experience and exposure to established and emerging external relations practices.
Duties and responsibilities will likely include:
- Write and edit university marketing copy for a variety of formats, including, but not limited to: print, emails, web, display and social media.
- Assist with the development and management of university marketing materials, including, but not limited to: emails, brochures, print ads, and campaign assets.
- Post stories and other content to the university’s website.
- Support university marketing efforts.
- Conduct general research and compile background materials.
- Assist with the implementation of a new digital asset management (DAM) system, including filing, cataloguing, and adding metadata to photos, documents, and other assets utilized by the communications team.
- Complete research assignments, drawing on internal and external source materials, and provide analysis as appropriate.
- Provide general administrative support to the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position will be based at the UMass President’s Office at One Beacon Street in Boston.
The candidate should be a current undergraduate or graduate student with interest in any combination of the following fields: marketing, public relations, journalism, higher education and public service. The right candidate will be an experienced writer and a perceptive researcher with a strong eye for detail and a working knowledge of best practices for social media management and content creation.
The candidate will be expected to contribute 20-25 hours per week between business hours. The office is open from 8:30am-5:00pm.
Rate of Pay: $16.00 per hour
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend