Intern – Supplier Management Part-Time
Job no: 516626
Position type: Internship
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: South St Shrewsbury
Department: Unified Procurement Serv Team
Categories: Business & Financial Services, UPST, Procurement
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
The University of Massachusetts President's Office, located in Shrewsbury and Boston, MA is offering a 20 hour a week internship for Fall 2022. This is a paid internship at $16.00 per hour and academic credit may also be available. The selected intern(s) will intern directly with Supplier Management function within the Unified Procurement Services Team (UPST). Those selected for this internship will gain valuable knowledge of the inner workings of the University of Massachusetts and specifically the President’s Office.
Interns positioned in the President's Office have the unique experience of working side by side with staff that support various functions including UITS, UPST, Treasury, Employee Services (EST), HR, etc. The objective of this internship will be to support the intern in building and solidifying their knowledge of the purchasing process, taxation, supplier information processing (registration), payment processing, and general UPST process/operations.
To learn more about the UPST organization and the impactful work being done within UMass, review our feature in the Supply Chain Digital magazine, go to our website or connect with us on LinkedIn!
Interns will be responsible for:
- Support vendor/supplier information review and verification for completeness before routing for system processing
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws, rules, and regulations and follows University of Massachusetts policies.
- Ensure proper tax documents- W9s, W8s, NRA forms, W7s, 8233 forms are accurately completed.
- Support the preparation of adequate and current supporting documentation for active vendors.
- Examines documentation and corrects errors or obtains replacement documents when necessary.
- Identifies and resolves issues when vendor data results in conflicts within the vendor file.
- Support management of supplier management related tickets/requests as received through our Salesforce Case Management system
- Support any additional processes as requested by the Director, Strategic Sourcing
Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Current UMass student who is enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program of study within Communications, Marketing or General Business courses.
- GPA 3.0 or higher.
- Creative, eager to learn, motivated, and willing to take initiative on assigned projects/tasks.
- Reliable and detailed-oriented with a strong ability to multi-task, stay organized, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be well organized, detailed oriented, and possess good follow-up skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion when interacting with staff.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Ability to multi-task across multiple systems
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies
Any offers of an internship within the President's Office is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background review.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend