Attention: All employees of the Presidents Office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved
exemption on medical or religious grounds.
Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Job no: 516090
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: South St Shrewsbury
Department: Unified Procurement Serv Team
Categories: Business & Financial Services, UPST, Procurement
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Procurement, the Strategic Sourcing Specialist is responsible for procuring materials, equipment, supplies and services of a specialized or complex nature in accordance with prescribed procurement policies and procedures. Will lead or provide sourcing support and prepare bid specifications, issue bid requests, review quotations, and lead or support contracting execution.
To learn more about the UPST organization and the impactful work being done within UMass, review our feature in the Supply Chain Digital magazine, go to our website or connect with us on LinkedIn!
- Guide identification and selection of suppliers to procure goods and services, meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality, and delivery date as well as place orders.
- Identify requesting functions’ requirements and develop and refine specifications for goods and services.
- Interpret and communicate Procurement policies and procedures to stakeholders and lead sourcing efforts.
- Write and distribute complex and technical bid invitations or requests for proposals; receive and analyze bids, quotes, and proposals, and award contracts.
- Resolve Procurement problems between function and supplier.
- Lead or support routine supplier business reviews, evaluating supplier performance and compliance.
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of professional experience directly related to purchasing, strategic sourcing, or category management
- Experience working in an institution of higher education
- Experience with People Soft
- Knowledge of Procurement practices and procedures
- Knowledge of various categories in goods and services
- Skilled in preparing and analyzing complex technical specifications and bids
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in Change Management
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Typical office environment
- Must be able to travel occasionally to all UMass campuses and the Boston central office
Salary commensurate with experience up to $75,000.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.