Attention: All employees of the Presidents Office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved
exemption on medical or religious grounds.
Intern – Procurement Operations, 2-3 Part time positions
Job no: 515925
Position type: Internship
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: South St Shrewsbury
Department: Unified Procurement Serv Team
Categories: Business & Financial Services, UPST, Procurement
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
The University of Massachusetts Office of the President seeks an Intern within the Unified Procurement Services Team (UPST) https://www.umassp.edu/upst. The internship is ideal for a current UMass undergraduate or graduate student who is eager to learn and gain first-hand experience working in a full-service procurement function.
The selected intern(s) will gain valuable insight and experience into the procurement function for the University of Massachusetts, working in multiple platforms and operating systems within the UPST. This internship provides the ability to gain knowledge and understanding of all facets of the procurement process from supplier set up, sourcing, contracting, requisitioning and payment processing. Under the direction of UPST leadership, this internship will provide access and encourage participation and collaboration on projects with many departments within the University’s Administration and Finance team to improve the procurement function within UMass.
This internship is part-time with a pay rate of $16 per hour. In addition to being a paid internship, academic credit may also be available.
To learn more about the UPST organization and the impactful work being done within UMass, review our feature in the Supply Chain Digital magazine, go to our website or connect with us on LinkedIn!
With oversight and direction from UPST leadership and management, the intern will support the UPST team as follows:
- Provide some general administrative support
- Train and process work within all departments of the UPST
- Interact with administrators, faculty, and staff
- Organize workpapers
- Follow-up on management’s action plans
- Think critically and exercise professional judgment, and discretion
- Perform special assignments and other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Current UMass student who is enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program of study.
- GPA 3.0 or higher.
- Creative, eager to learn, motivated, and willing to take initiative on assigned projects/tasks.
- Reliable and detailed-oriented with a strong ability to multi-task, stay organized, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be well organized, detailed oriented, and possess good follow-up skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion when interacting with staff.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Any offers of an internship within the President's Office is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background review.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.