Attention: All employees of the Presidents Office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved
exemption on medical or religious grounds. Individuals with approved exemptions must wear face coverings in public indoor settings and submit proof
of a negative COVID-19 test on a weekly basis.
Intern - University Information Technology Services CIO
Job no: 514281
Position type: Internship
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: South St Shrewsbury
Department: UITS-General Assignment
Categories: Information Technology
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
The University of Massachusetts President's Office, located in Shrewsbury and Boston, MA is offering a 20 hour a week internship for the Summer and Fall 2022. This is a paid internship and academic credit may also be available. The selected intern(s) will work directly with/for the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and the Executive Management Team (EMT) for the University Information Technology Services (UITS). Those selected for this internship will gain valuable knowledge of the inner workings of the University of Massachusetts.
Interns positioned in the President's Office have the unique experience of working side by side with the senior leadership team as they guide the university’s Information Technology strategy decisions. The objective of this internship will be to provide a UMass student with the unique experience of observing and participating in senior level projects. This intern will have input, from a student’s perspective, on decisions for IT product enhancements as they relate to enrollment applications, application selection, financial aid, etc.
Interns will be responsible for:
- Aiding the CIO and CIO’s EA to review job class and job titles within the organization
- Work with the UITS Commonwealth Collegiate Academy of UMass Early College Program to evaluate feasibility
- Work with the Student Administration team to provide SA Governance to Boston, Dartmouth and Lowell
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Current UMass student who is enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program of study.
- GPA 3.0 or higher.
- Creative, eager to learn, motivated, and willing to take initiative on assigned projects/tasks.
- Reliable and detailed-oriented with a strong ability to multi-task, stay organized, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be well organized, detailed oriented, and possess good follow-up skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion when interacting with staff.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Project or Program Management majors welcomed.
- ITIL understanding.
- Scrum or Agile understanding.
Any offers of an internship within the President's Office is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background review.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.