Attention: All employees of the Presidents Office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved
exemption on medical or religious grounds. Individuals with approved exemptions must wear face coverings in public indoor settings and submit proof
of a negative COVID-19 test on a weekly basis.
Intern - Executive Office
Job no: 513666
Position type: Internship
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: Beacon Street-Boston
Department: Executive Office
Categories: Administrative & Office Support
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
The University of Massachusetts President's Office, located in Boston, MA is offering a part time internship for Summer 2022 at $16.00 an hour. In addition to being a paid internship, academic credit may also be available. The selected intern will intern directly with the Executive Office. The selected intern will gain valuable knowledge of the workings of the University of Massachusetts.
Interns positioned in the President's Office provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. Interns may be called upon to cover front desk reception for greeting and assisting daily guests and visitors as they enter the President’s Office, answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate department staff, mail distribution, relaying of information, and flow of correspondence. This position will include research opportunities across the different departments with focus on specific topics or questions related to the president's current work or projects as well as additional duties as assigned.
This role is responsible for performing a variety of professional and administrative duties that facilitate the day-to-day operations of the President’s Office such as clerical duties, including phone and front desk coverage. Student will also work closely with senior staff and colleagues to handle administrative operations related to a variety of subject matters, helping to foster excellent working relationships with leadership throughout the University of Massachusetts system. Furthermore, student will coordinate and respond as needed to multiple daily inquiries by phone, email, and in person - capturing information, and providing excellent customer service to appropriate constituents.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Current UMass student who is enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program of study
- GPA 3.0 or higher
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be well organized, detailed oriented, and possess good follow-up skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion when interacting with staff
- Must possess leadership and strong decision-making skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Desired experience in information and technology and in handheld, portable and/or hardware.
- Preference given to candidates with strong technical foundation, are able to show initiative, learn new technologies quickly, and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Typical Office environment.
Any offers of an internship within the President's Office is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background review.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.