Attention: All employees of the Presidents Office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved
exemption on medical or religious grounds. Individuals with approved exemptions must wear face coverings in public indoor settings and submit proof
of a negative COVID-19 test on a weekly basis.
Job no: 510957
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: South St Shrewsbury
Department: Unified Procurement Serv Team
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, the Contract Specialist is responsible for reviewing and preparing contract agreements per standard policy. The specialist executes low- to mid-dollar routine contracts and/or standard form contracts and related documentation in accordance with established policies and procedures.
The Contracts Specialist will provide contract support to Buyways end-users and be able to interact effectively with procurement specialists, supplier/vendor managers, and external vendors/suppliers.
- Reviews requests and prepares routine responses to proposals, bids, and contract modifications; may also prepare simple requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Analyzes contract requirements, special provisions, terms, and conditions to make sure they comply with relevant laws, regulations, corporate policies, and department procedures.
- Drafts and negotiates simple contractual instruments commensurate with skills and grade level.
- Communicates contract policy and practice to internal business teams.
- Reviews, approves and executes contracts in accordance with corporate and/or department guidelines.
- Prepares and administers routine correspondence, negotiation memos, and contract documentation to ensure timely and coordinated submittal.
- Prepares, organizes and maintains records and files documenting contract performance and compliance.
- May conduct research to support contract audit and or facilitate department contracting trends.
- Performs contract closeout activities.
- Assists mid- to high-level contract professionals when working with internal or external business teams on issues and developments related to assigned contracts.
- Assists staff with the use of business applications that are used to manage contracts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Accounting, Business or related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years of general business or contract-related experience
- Experience working in an institution of higher education
- Experience with People Soft
- Basic knowledge of corporate policies and procedures
- Basic knowledge of contracting concepts and public contract acquisition law and regulations
- Good to strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to draft simple contractual documents in accordance with prescribed templates and guidelines
- Typical office environment
Salary commensurate with experience up to $65,000.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.