Attention: All employees of the Presidents Office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved
exemption on medical or religious grounds. Individuals with approved exemptions must wear face coverings in public indoor settings and submit proof
of a negative COVID-19 test on a weekly basis.
Budget Analyst II
Job no: 510584
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: South St Shrewsbury
Department: PO - Mgmt & Fiscal Affairs
Categories: Business & Financial Services
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
The University of Massachusetts President’s Office is seeking qualified candidates for a Budget Analyst II. The Budget Analyst II, reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Budget & Planning, will provide analytical support for the Annual Operating Budget, Five-Year Financial Forecast, Quarterly Budget Projection Report, and Capital Reporting.
The Analyst position is responsible for the collection, organization, analysis, and reporting of University data including but not limited to financial, staffing, risk, trend, enrollment and peer data. Analysts are responsible for:
- Learning the University’s policies, guidelines and various information technology systems that house data.
- Collaborating with President’s Office departments and campus staff to collect data, analyze for accuracy, develop follow-up and prepare various reports.
- Completing independent analysis of data and identifying data points and trends that support such analysis.
- Working independently and as part of the A&F Team to analyze data and trends.
- Collaborating within A&F and with other President’s Office departments to identify data needs.
- Assisting in the preparation of System Leadership and Board of Trustees presentations/materials.
- Conducting research as needed to assess peer information and best practices.
- Participating in appropriate trainings.
- Assist in developing and maintaining reports, presentations, and other documents and material.
- Representing A&F, leading and maintaining various projects and initiatives.
- Building strong relationships and work collaboratively with campus stakeholders.
- Communicating with supervisors and peers – providing information to supervisors, co-workers and subordinate by telephone, in written form, email or in-person.
- Making recommendations for decisions and solving problems – analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution to solve problems.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify, define and resolve a variety of complex business problems and to support various University initiatives.
- Assessing the scope and resources required for various analytics projects and works with clients to define necessary resources.
- Develops recommendations and methodologies to capture the most critical, actionable data to achieve objectives.
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support recommendations.
- Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Work with colleagues in the system office and on campuses to support preparation of Annual Operating Budget, Five-Year Financial Forecast, Quarterly Budget Projection Report, and Capital Reporting including the development of data requests and templates, compilation and analysis of campus information, trend analysis and research on historical and peer experience.
- Assist in the research, development and analysis of budget or other financial proposals initiatives or policies, including relevant data and impact on the campuses, system office, Board, legislature, executive office or other state agencies or the federal government.
- Support other projects and initiatives of the President’s Office as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of analytical experience.
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, analytical, critical thinking, presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and a healthy respect for quality work products and timelines.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills while having the ability to manage changing/multiple priorities in a highly interactive and confidential environment.
- Experience in managing projects and working with diverse groups.
- Excellent judgment and sound decision-making.
- Must be able to interact effectively within a team environment and independently.
- Ability to recommend changes in policy or practice based on data.
- Comfortable learning new systems including but not limited to ERM Software, Budget Application, Financial Systems.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Experience in higher education or government/public sector setting.
- Must be able to travel occasionally to all UMass campuses and the Boston central office.
- Typical office environment.
- May require occasional hours on nights and weekends.
Salary will be commensurate within the range of $55,000-$70,000.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.