Attention: All employees of the Presidents Office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved
exemption on medical or religious grounds. Individuals with approved exemptions must wear face coverings in public indoor settings and submit proof
of a negative COVID-19 test on a weekly basis.
Intern - Information Security
Job no: 510138
Position type: Internship
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: South St Shrewsbury
Department: UITS-Security Operations
Categories: Information Technology
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
The University of Massachusetts President's Office, located in Shrewsbury and Boston, MA is offering a 20 hour a week internship for Fall 2021. This is a paid internship and academic credit may also be available. The selected intern will intern directly with the Information Security team within University Information Technology Services (UITS). Those selected for this internship will gain valuable knowledge of the inner workings of the University of Massachusetts.
Interns positioned in the President's Office have the unique experience of working side by side with Information Security team members as they work across UITS and the President’s Office to ensure a secure working environment. The objective of this internship will be to assist the Information Security team with annual security awareness training, conduct research related to security topics, provide support for security operations and security related projects.
Intern will be responsible for:
- Assisting with development and implementation of Security Awareness training and tracking of completion progress.
- Providing 1st tier monitoring and support for security related alerts.
- Assisting with research and prioritization of vulnerability findings, and identifying mitigation steps.
- Conducting research of security tools and trends, and providing summary reports of findings.
- Providing support for other operational and project tasks as assigned.
- Interacting and collaborating with individuals and teams across IT and the President’s Office.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Current UMass student who is enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program of study.
- GPA 3.0 or higher.
- Interest in Information Security.
- Creative, eager to learn, motivated, and willing to take initiative on assigned projects/tasks.
- Reliable and detailed-oriented with a strong ability to multi-task, stay organized, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be well organized, detailed oriented, and possess good follow-up skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion when interacting with staff.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Any offers of an internship within the President's Office is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background review.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.