Job no: 508280
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: South St Shrewsbury
Department: University Controller
Categories: Sponsored Programs, Grants and Contracts, Grants and Research
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Under the direction of the Manager, Financial Data and Analysis, this position acts as a point of contact for grant compliance and grant business procedures for the UMass campuses, and is responsible for the accounting and reporting for grants for the President’s Office.
- Serve as grants module steward for PeopleSoft grants module core team.
- Design and create business processes, job aids, and control documents as needed for campus grants community.
- Act as a point of contact for campuses on grant business procedures within the PeopleSoft Grant Suite. This includes testing, data validation/clean-up, reconciliation, issue support, and all aspects related to these modules.
- Perform subrecipient monitoring risk assessments and document for campus grants offices to reference.
- Coordinate annual Uniform Guidance audit process, working with campus grants core team and external auditors.
- Assist in the preparation/review of the schedule of expenditures of federal awards and related footnotes.
- Create and submit the University’s data collection form in the Federal Audit Clearinghouse.
- Provide campus support on ECRT system and business functions.
- Set up, monitor and close out grants in the PeopleSoft grants module for UMass President’s office, as applicable.
- Assist in the preparation of the University quarterly financial reporting package and assist with preparation of annual University financial statements. Prepare related work papers, footnote disclosures and fluctuation analyses.
- Assist in identifying efficient and effective processing opportunities using technology to enhance reporting and reduce manual applications/spreadsheet utilization and improve controls.
- Keep abreast of Uniform Guidance regulations and changes enacted by the Office of Management & Budget impacting Uniform Guidance compliance.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or similar field, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of UG requirements and related reporting requirements.
- 3-5 years working experience in accounting, grants management or equivalent field.
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Knowledge of billing, accounts receivable and cash management business processes.
- Knowledge of research administration.
- Typical office environment.
- Requires occasional in-state travel to the President's Office in Boston, the campuses in Amherst, Boston, Dartmouth, Lowell and Worcester.
- May require occasional hours on nights and weekends.
Salary range $58,500 to $68,500.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.