Job no: 507568
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: South St Shrewsbury
Department: University Controller
Categories: Accounting and Finance
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Under the direction of the Financial Analyst II/MMARS Supervisor, this position will be the liaison between the University and the Office of the State Comptroller for the Massachusetts Management Accounting Reporting System (MMARS) transactions related to fringe, blended medical and unemployment (BMU), and chargeback payments. In addition, this position will be responsible for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting and reconciliation requirements with the State and to the University campuses.
- Prepare monthly fringe and BMU payment calculations and related supporting documents.
- Prepare chargeback payments (e.g. payments related to worker’s compensation) and related supporting documents.
- Prepare and upload journal entries within PeopleSoft.
- Prepare reporting within MMARS.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations between PeopleSoft and MMARS.
- Request and assist with the creation of new vendors within MMARS.
- Perform monthly reporting of the University’s non-appropriated revenues and expenses in MMARS.
- Process invoices related to Massachusetts Technology Transfer Center and Massachusetts Commission for the Blind state appropriations.
- Perform weekly reconciliation of MMARS Cash Clearing.
- Serve as University liaison with the State for matters regarding MMARS operational and transaction processing issues including accounting, revenue, payees, payments and contracts.
- Monitor and reconcile other select general ledger activity.
- Assist with other accounting needs of the department (reconciliation, journal entry, financial reporting) tasks as requested.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working experience with Microsoft Excel, Office and Word.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Working knowledge of MMARS, MMARS Warehouse, and PeopleSoft.
- Financial experience within a large public research higher education institution.
- Must be able to travel occasionally to all UMass campuses and the Boston central office.
- Typical office environment.
- May requires occasional hours on nights and weekends.
Salary up to $57,000
Please include a resume, cover letter and contact information for three references with your application.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.