Attention: All employees of the Presidents Office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved
exemption on medical or religious grounds.
IT Process Analyst
Job no: 515267
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: South St Shrewsbury
Categories: Information Technology
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Normal Work Schedule:
Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
University Information Technology Services (UITS) of the University of Massachusetts System Office (UMSO) is seeking a detail-oriented IT Process Analyst with an ability to effectively collaborate across teams and departments. This position will participate in the day-to-day operational support, service delivery initiatives, and process improvements.
- Using BMC Ctrl-M software and PeopleSoft to monitor and respond to events based on instructions as necessary.
- Perform basic scheduling functions within Ctrl-M, working with Applications teams as needed, including automation.
- Escalate events and incidents as needed, including setting up and managing major incidents when necessary
- Assist with gathering and documenting our process requirements and facilitate regular reviews of existing requirements to assure integrity of procedures
- Identifying process improvements and additional areas to consider implementing workflow changes around new tools in the monitoring portfolio; example: Crowdstrike
IT Service Management
- Assist with defining our IT service management practices and provide training to the organization
- Plan and implement key initiatives that improve quality, reduce costs, and increase productivity by reducing time, rework, etc. resulting in significant business improvement and customer satisfaction
- Facilitate and coordinate regular reviews for various practices and processes
- Determines customer requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, user stories, scenarios, and task and workflow analysis
- Analyze existing practices to identify gaps and opportunities to improve adoption
Process and Data Quality
- Gathering and develop reports using our ctrl m and salesforce data to identify process performance areas.
- Support and assist with creating dashboards, reports and queries to improve IT processes.
- Review defined key performance indicators regularly to calculate productivity and process improvement.
- Routinely review work intake requests and queues for adherence and follow up to procedures.
- Assist with maintaining our service portfolio, including service attributes and agreements.
- Assist with designing workflows and strategies that support new processes or improvements.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business, Data, Information Technology discipline or equivalent
- One year work experience in a mid to large-scale environment
- Understanding of IT incident, change, problem and service request management
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively within a team frame-work with a customer service focus
- Must be willing to work occasional night and/or swing shifts, including weekends
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM.
- Ability to accomplish tasks with little guidance.
- Position is based in Shrewsbury, MA
- Potential for work at home based on UMSO policy
- Typical office environment
Final salary will be commensurate with experience up to $75,000.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.