Assistant Secretary to the Board of Trustees
Job no: 507866
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: Beacon Street-Boston
Department: PO - Board of Trustees
Categories: Administrative & Office Support, Administrative Professional
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Under the direct supervision of the Secretary to the Board of Trustees, the Assistant Secretary to the Board of Trustees performs administrative and secretarial functions for the Office of the Board of Trustees which requires advanced administrative skills, experience, familiarity with University policy and procedures. Works with the Secretary to the Board to enable the Board of Trustees of the University to carry out its statutory responsibilities and to coordinate the relationship between the President, the President’s Office staff and the five campuses.
- Functions as assistant to the Secretary of the Board of Trustees.
- Communicates with members of the Board regarding their Committee/Board schedules; respond to their inquiries regarding University matters.
- Processes all necessary documents related to the processing of bills.
- Prepare and distribute materials for Committee and Board meetings.
- Prepare and distribute annual calendar of Committee and Board meeting dates.
- Assist in drafting and editing Board and Committee minutes.
- Research inquiries from University personnel and interested parties concerning Board matters.
- Receive and distribute all Board correspondence. Prepare annual calendar of meeting dates and Board related events.
- Manages inventory of office supplies.
- Assist in providing the Board with travel arrangements, including hotel accommodations and the processing of reimbursement of travel expenses.
- Maintains and updates Board Index and Minutes Handbooks.
- Compiles and verifies all receipts and reconciles University credit card invoices for the Board of Trustees office.
- Creates and maintains a proper and efficient filing system.
- Monitors incoming mail including invitations for Trustees.
- Attend all Committee, Board and special Board meetings; perform meeting related duties as required.
- Arranges and coordinate special meeting events (Commencements, Executive Searches).
- Collaborates with the President’s Office and the General Counsel’s Office.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of office procedures and the principles of office management.
- Must be detail orientated and able to follow instruction.
- Must be able to work independently on multiple tasks covering difference functional topics; must be able to operate the Board office in the Secretary’s absence.
- Ability to plan and organize, performing a variety of office functions.
- Demonstrated writing skills, excellent typing skills and experience with word processing.
- Knowledge of Boardvantage board portal software.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced setting.
This is a professional working environment.
Salary up to $75,000.
Primary Work Location:
One Beacon Street, 31st floor, Boston, MA
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.