Primary Work Location:
Hybrid schedule; onsite in Westborough, Massachusetts as needed.
The University of Massachusetts implemented the Boomi integration platform across the University system. University Information Technology Services (UITS); a department within the UMass System Office; provides a wide range of technology services including development and Center of Excellence services for the Boomi Platform.
UITS supports a wide range of constituents, both at the campuses and the President’s Office. We are committed to providing high quality information technology services and leadership that enable the mission of the University system. We work directly with staff at Amherst, Boston, Dartmouth, Lowell, the Chan Medical School, and UMass Online to deliver important services to students, faculty, and staff striving to be efficient and effective.
As a Senior Boomi Integration Developer, you will be responsible for implementing recurring scheduled and real-time integrations for internal and external systems. Examples include integrations with health and financial vendors, cloud CRM solutions, student housing systems and many other systems typically found in a Higher Education environment. This role will also support production integrations, maintain documentation and apply any operational enhancements or fixes.
You will be working side by side with other teams inside UITS including Applications Development, networking, security, server, identity management and specific application support groups. This includes being able to deliver a level of business analysis and requirements gathering sufficient to creatively solve problems and continuously improve our service delivery. Your role requires a high level of collaboration and problem solving in way that maintains a positive expectation for successful outcomes.
This is a techno/functional position that requires solid analytical, customer service and attention to detail skills. The ability to handle stressful situations and perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and within tight time constraints are required.
- Develop API, Database and File integrations within the Boomi platform.
- Analysis and documentation of integration requirements and specifications Set up and support a variety of integrations using various technologies Serve as the primary contact for assigned integrations
- Once integrations are live, work with 3rd parties if troubleshooting/support is required Attend any required integration-specific meetings
- Point of contact for assigned integrations. Ensure security and Data Governance rules are followed
- Work with the technical resources to define and build APIs as needed Assist University resources with integration tasks
- Document platform policies and training materials
- Work with UITS departments and campuses to promote adoption of the platform.
- Other duties as required, to include special projects as required.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree in information systems, computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years’ of directly related experience
- 3+ years of experience developing on an integration platform.
- 3+ years of experience developing and integrating with APIs.
- XML, JSON, knowledge of web services (SOAP and REST)
- 3+ years of experience in an IT office with demonstrated progressive experience in supporting departmental applications. A strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques
- Strong Analytical capabilities
- Strong communication skills needed to communicate professionally and effectively with constituents, vendors and colleagues – through email, conference calls and in person meetings
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS and OCI
- Familiarity with a Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, or SQL Server, etc.) Familiarity with identity management concepts, virtualization or cloud concepts, networking, Windows or Linux Experience with Java/Web and object orientated programming
- Ability to apply new ideas and technologies to meet an ever-evolving user function Able to transition back and forth between activities effectively
- A self-starter highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Typical office environment with option for remote work and potential for periodic travel to all UMass campuses.
- Periodic weekend and evening work for system maintenance, upgrades, and project implementations to minimize the impact on the campus business calendar and student administration operations.
Salary commensurate with experience up to $115,000.