Accounts Payable Clerk
Job no: 520778
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: Westborough
Department: Unified Procurement Serv Team
Categories: Business & Financial Services, Accounting and Finance, Accounting/Finance/Budget, UPST, Procurement
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Primary Work Location:
Hybrid: Two days on-site in Westborough Massachusetts, three days working from home.
Working under the direct supervision of the Accounts Payable Supervisor, this position performs various clerical and data control duties to support the Accounts Payable department of the UPST.
- Provides clerical support to the Accounts Payable department.
- Examines documents for compliance with rules and regulations of the State Comptroller, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and the University of Massachusetts.
- Reviews problem data, checking for discrepancies and making corrections and enters information into the system.
- Processes and verifies balances and maintains and purges records and routine files.
- Answers questions on University policy and procedures in reference to appropriateness of expenditures, status of accounts, and invoice problems.
- Checks for discrepancies between source documents and data entry to determine accuracy of information and ensure compliance with established standards and procedures.
- Processes payment of assigned vendors on a daily basis.
- Research and resolve problems and/or questions relating to invoices with vendors and departments.
- Receives invoices from vendor for payment, audits disbursement vouchers for appropriate documentation and accuracy of data for entry, and for availability of funds.
- Processes refund checks and deposits from vendors. Requests stop payments and copies of cancelled checks, when appropriate.
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- High School degree or equivalent
- 1-2 years of Accounting/bookkeeping experience or related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to handle details and multiple priorities and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- PeopleSoft experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office or similar software
- Typical office environment
Salary commensurate with experience up to $53,000.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.