Administrative Coordinator/Audit Assistant
Job no: 520589
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: South St Shrewsbury
Department: University Auditor
Categories: Administrative & Office Support, Internal Audit
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Under the guidance of Internal Audit Management and senior auditors, the AC/AA is a hybrid position that supports Internal Audit’s goals by taking part in audits to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of the University’s operations, compliance with policy and regulations, and systems of internal control as well as functioning as the Chief Audit Officer’s assistant who performs office administrative and clerical functions.
The AC/AA will be responsible for performing audit assignments in accordance with standards accepted and established by the University Board of Trustees, The Institute of Internal Auditors’ Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Code of Ethics (“Standards”), Internal Audit Policies and Procedures and applicable regulations. Assignments will include, but not be limited to, financial, operational, compliance and information technology audits.
Administrative and Clerical Functions
- Function as confidential assistant to Chief Audit Officer.
- Support Chief Audit Officer’s Audit and Risk Committee and Board of Trustees responsibilities.
- Interact with executives, Board members and their assistants.
- Responsible for the preparation, handling and distribution of general and highly confidential correspondence and reports
- Oversees office physical operations and related procedures on behalf of the Chief Audit Officer
- Performs varied tasks which require a high degree of independent action, e.g.:
- Manage and coordinate IA Management’s calendars.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and travel arrangements and provide detailed agendas/itineraries when required.
- Perform purchasing, expense reimbursement and vendor management duties.
- Maintain budget records and reconcile documents related for purchasing and the expenditure of funds.
- Perform various record management tasks.
- Maintain Internal Audit’s policies, procedures, web site and various databases and dashboards.
With oversight and direction from senior staff and management:
- Assist in research and the preparation of audit programs and audit procedures.
- Accompany senior staff to interviews with University personnel.
- Perform tests of internal controls and determines compliance with applicable regulations, policies and procedures.
- Support management action plan process.
- Interact with administrators, faculty, and staff.
- Think critically and exercise professional skepticism, judgment and discretion.
- Manage time to efficiently work on, meet milestones and complete assignments within budgeted time.
- Perform special assignments and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Associate degree or equivalent.
- Three or more years of experience as an administrative assistant, office manager or a similar position.
- Possess ability to acquire, understand and utilize various IT systems and basic auditing skills, methods, concepts, Standards and tools.
- Possess ability to understand regulations, policy and procedures for audit purposes.
- Inquisitive and can demonstrate analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Possess the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and prioritize.
- Effectively communicate results of audit tasks.
- High level of professionalism and ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to take initiative, be adaptive and anticipate the needs of the Chief Audit Officer and department.
- High level of proficiency using office equipment (copier/scanner, telephone, fax, etc.) personal computers and various business software applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook Email, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Zoom and Slack.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, information technology or related discipline
- Audit experience
- Higher education experience
- Typical office environment.
- May require occasional in-state travel to all UMass campuses, the Boston central office and other University locations.
- May require periodic extended hours, nights and weekends, as necessary.
Salary commensurate with experience up to $65,000.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.