Attention: All employees of the Presidents Office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved
exemption on medical or religious grounds.
Intern – Communication and Business Associates
Job no: 516563
Position type: Internship
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: South St Shrewsbury
Department: Unified Procurement Serv Team
Categories: Business & Financial Services, UPST, Procurement
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
The University of Massachusetts President's Office, located in Shrewsbury and Boston, MA is offering a 20 hour a week internship for Fall 2022/Spring 2023. This is a paid internship at $16.00 per hour and academic credit may also be available. The selected intern(s) will intern directly with the Communications functions within the Unified Procurement Services Team. Those selected for this internship will gain valuable knowledge of the inner workings of the University of Massachusetts.
Interns positioned in the President's Office have the unique experience of working side by side with staff that support various functions including UITS, Employee Services, HR, etc. The objective of this internship will be to support the intern in building and solidifying their communications, marketing, procurement, accounts payables, sourcing, contracts, and customer service skill set while supporting UPST daily activities.
To learn more about the UPST organization and the impactful work being done within UMass, review our feature in the Supply Chain Digital magazine, go to our website or connect with us on LinkedIn!
Interns will be responsible for:
- Draft and edit copy for a variety of formats, including, but not limited to newsletters, bulletins, public remarks, emails, web content, and social media.
- Assist with the design, development, and management of UPST publications, including, but not limited to reports, emails, brochures, newsletters, and other assets.
- Post stories and other content to the UPST website, in addition to social media content development.
- Support UPST and UMPO change management efforts with regards to technology and process deployments, including training material and video development.
- Support the optimization of UPST communication channels i.e., LinkedIn, direct mailing using MailChimp.
- Provide widespread support to UPST customers and suppliers through phone, case management and emails.
- Support the continued update of the UPST website, job aids, videos, and more.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Current UMass student who is enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program of study within Communications, Marketing or General Business courses.
- GPA 3.0 or higher.
- Creative, eager to learn, motivated, and willing to take initiative on assigned projects/tasks.
- Reliable and detailed-oriented with a strong ability to multi-task, stay organized, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be well organized, detailed oriented, and possess good follow-up skills.
- Strong attention to detail and experience in proofreading/editing copy.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Ability to multi-task across multiple systems
- Ability to create captivating copy and graphics for social, campus, and supplier communications
- Ability to leverage social media platforms to drive marketing/ or change outcome i.e., LinkedIn
- Knowledge of any training creation tool i.e., Articulate, Camtasia or Adobe Captivate
Any offers of an internship within the President's Office is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background review.
Remote and hybrid work available.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.