Attention: All employees of the Presidents Office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved
exemption on medical or religious grounds.
Senior Application Specialist
Job no: 516186
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: South St Shrewsbury
Department: Employee Services Team
Categories: Information Technology
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
The Employee Services Team (EST) is seeking a talented and motivated IT professional. EST is a department of the University of Massachusetts President’s Office located in Shrewsbury with responsibility to provide central administrative services to the UMass campuses and President’s Office.
EST is currently seeking a Senior Applications Specialist to provide functional support for one of our various PeopleSoft modules. The University has many Modules: Student Administration, Finance, Human Resources. The system is currently on version 9.2. Other third-party products are also included in the environment.
The Senior Application Specialist is primarily responsible for the support of the campus business operations through centrally administered software systems. The position requires a broad application of principles, theories and concepts of enterprise software and a working knowledge of related fields. The specialist participates in the development of functional specifications, delivers on project tasks, ensures the accuracy of application systems documentation, and supports operational tasks.
- Primary support for PeopleSoft applications
- Familiarity with business processes and procedures as they relate to specific application/module.
- Ability to perform thorough analysis and troubleshoot operational issues with attention to detail.
- Focus on ensuring system remains current and compliant through patches, fixes, enhancements, and listserv monitoring.
- Capable of creation and execution of complex test scenarios.
- Capacity for improving operational standards and procedures.
- Understanding of other Peoplesoft functionality – including, but not limited to Fluid, PeopleTools, Enterprise Components, Tree Manager, and Reporting tools.
- Collaborate with campus constituents and internal development team to:
- Gather customer requirements and translate into design criteria for solutions using new or existing technologies.
- Prioritize work to meet campus expectations and deadlines.
- Document functional specifications.
- Work with the development team on articulating the campus requests via formal specifications documents.
- Work on a team with other Application Specialists that support the application and other integrations as needed.
- Work on projects as assigned.
- Support bi-weekly payroll in a rotation.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of PeopleSoft experience with demonstrated progressive experience in developing, enhancing and supporting departmental applications.
- Deep functional and analytical skills and experience in analysis, design and testing is required.
- Able to manage short/mid and long-range projects and initiatives.
- Able to transition back and forth between activities effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional skills in providing quality customer service.
- Solid interpersonal skills with ability to work well with people at many levels of the organization.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Knowledge of time & labor module is a plus.
- Higher Education HCM Administration systems experience.
- Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions.
Typical office environment. Hybrid working environment (combination of on-site and remote work) where you are required to be on-site at our Shrewsbury, MA office for a specified amount of time. Occasional, non-standard scheduled work hours, such as evenings or weekends may be required. Required to be On-call approx. once every 10 weeks. Occasional day trips to the campuses.
Salary commensurate with experience up to $110,000.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.