Attention: All employees of the Presidents Office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved
exemption on medical or religious grounds.
Intern – Institutional Research, Fall 2022
Job no: 515072
Position type: Internship
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: Beacon Street-Boston
Department: Academic Affairs
Categories: Other Staff Positions, Research
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Primary Work Location:
One Beacon Street, Boston
Normal Work Schedule:
Standard: Monday –Friday 8:30a-5:00p (or alternative schedule approved by supervisor). The intern will work 5 – 10 hours per week during this timeframe.
Are you interested in gaining applied experience with data and analytics? The Academic Affairs and Economic Development unit within the University of Massachusetts Office of the President offers a paid internship, $16.00 an hour, for current University of Massachusetts students (students attending any of the five UMass campuses). We’re looking for talented people who crave learning new skills and aren’t afraid to take on new challenges. As an intern, you will get to work with a variety of our staff while supporting real projects to help our organization grow and succeed.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is curious about the world and finds it easy to walk into a room and make some new friends. Someone with interests in education, quantitative statistical methods, data visualization, and proficiency in analyzing data in packages like SPSS, SAS, R, Python, and Tableau, among others.
This internship will teach you more about higher education, research, and statistical analysis. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have the opportunity to network with other professionals in the higher education field.
- Collecting and reviewing institutional metrics around admissions and enrollment, academic programs, faculty & staff, and alumni
- Generate statistical analyses to help inform strategic initiatives
- Help develop online tools and processes that improve operational efficiency
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Current UMass student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program of study.
- GPA 3.0 or higher.
- Creative, eager to learn, motivated, and willing to take the initiative on assigned projects/tasks.
- Reliable and detailed-oriented with a strong ability to multi-task, stay organized, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be well organized, detailed oriented, and possess good follow-up skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion when interacting with staff.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
Typical Office environment
Part time, 5 – 10 hours per week.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.