Attention: All employees of the Presidents Office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved
exemption on medical or religious grounds. Individuals with approved exemptions must wear face coverings in public indoor settings and submit proof
of a negative COVID-19 test on a weekly basis.
Supplier Relationship Manager
Job no: 514292
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: South St Shrewsbury
Department: Unified Procurement Serv Team
Categories: Business & Financial Services, UPST, Procurement
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Under the direction of the Director of Strategic Procurement, the Supplier Relationship Manager oversees the centralized university supplier/vendor file for the Unified Procurement Services Team (UPST). The incumbent will manage the processing of supplier/vendor information for the UPST within strict time-sensitive deadlines.
S/he will be responsible for overseeing daily inquiries from internal customers and suppliers/vendors, researching problems using independent problem solving and decision-making skills, communicating issues to management, and identifying areas of improvement and efficiency.
- Supervise the daily activities of the Supplier Relationship Specialist.
- Ensure supplier/vendor information complies with federal, state and university regulations.
- Responsible for control and processing of 1099 forms. This includes mailing, correcting, and reporting any B-Notices for all campuses.
- Work with Non-Resident Alien individuals, and the Tax Department within the University Treasurer’s Office, to determine tax status and compliance with IRS regulations.
- Provide functional oversight of staff and vendor processes within the UPST to ensure timely, efficient and compliant vendor availability to financial system end users.
- Ensure vendors are entered into the UPST vendor database and reviewed and approved prior to any campus doing business with such vendor.
- Ensure adequate supporting documentation for all active vendors, ensure vendor documentation is in compliance with federal and state laws, rules, and regulations and follows University of Massachusetts policies, ensure proper tax documents are completed accurately, with guidance and assistance from the Tax Department, and resolve issues when vendor data conflicts with vendor file.
- Provide a level of service (quality and timeliness) that satisfies intercampus service agreements.
- Identify Federal and/or State Withholdings requirements for vendors and assist with the submission of withholding waivers working with the Tax Department.
- Oversee the process of forms to make sure they are filled out accurately for payments of services rendered.
- Develop, execute and distribute routine and ad-hoc reports from the vendor database for operations, validations, statistical analysis and historical comparison to satisfy service level agreement(s) and management requirements.
- Conduct training concerning submission of appropriate documentation necessary for adding and altering vendor codes and associated information. Manage the process for ensuring all non-resident employees and students, and visiting researchers, lecturers, and professors, etc., accurately fill out all appropriate forms. Seek guidance and assistance from the Tax Department as needed.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible work experience in procurement, preferably in an e-Procurement environment
- 3 years of successful management experience of professional-level staff
- Excellent written and oral communication and listening skills
- Master’s degree
- Strong knowledge of the state purchasing process
- Experience working in an institution of higher education
- Experience working in a Shared Services organization
- Typical office environment
- Must be able to travel occasionally to all UMass campuses and the Boston central office
Salary will be commensurate with experience up to $85,000.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.