Attention: All employees of the Presidents Office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved
exemption on medical or religious grounds. Individuals with approved exemptions must wear face coverings in public indoor settings and submit proof
of a negative COVID-19 test on a weekly basis.
Intern-Digital Experience Development
Job no: 513937
Position type: Internship
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: South St Shrewsbury
Department: UITS-Digital Experience
Categories: Information Technology
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
The University of Massachusetts President's Office Information Technology and Services located in Shrewsbury, MA is offering up to a 20 hour a week Digital Experience Development Intern at $16.00 an hour.
- Assist in writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Assist in creating website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Assist in integrating data from various back-end services and databases.
- Assist in gathering and refining specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Assist in creating and maintaining software documentation.
- Assist in maintaining, expanding, and scaling sites.
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to operations and activities.
- Assist in functional and accessibility testing of sites and applications.
- Assist in development of an intake process for capturing RPA requests
- Current UMass student who is enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program of study.
- GPA 3.0 or higher.
- Be curious, creative, eager to learn, motivated, and willing to take initiative on assigned projects/tasks.
- Be outgoing, friendly and approachable with a passion to contribute and support others.
- Reliable and detailed-oriented with a strong ability to multi-task, stay organized, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be well organized, detailed oriented, and possess good follow-up skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion when interacting with staff.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Basic knowledge of modern HTML/CSS.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management and best development practices.
- Basic knowledge of relational database systems and web application development.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills.
- Any offers of an internship within the President's Office is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background review.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.