Attention: All employees of the Presidents Office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved
exemption on medical or religious grounds.
Sr IDM Application Specialist/Developer
Job no: 513759
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: South St Shrewsbury
Department: UITS-Identity Mgmt&Integration
Categories: Information Technology
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
UITS is a department of the President's Office located primarily in Shrewsbury and is responsible for providing central administrative services to the five campuses and President's Office of the University of Massachusetts system. UITS is currently seeking a Sr. IDM Application Specialist/Developer to collaborate with application and campus personnel in the design and development Identity Services. Successful candidates will have general experience in Identity Management concepts and products, Cloud Computing and development environments.
The Sr. IDM Application Specialist/Developer will provide administration and technical support for the Identity Management functions that support the existing shared systems application environment. Job responsibilities include:
- Resolving operational service requests and incidents assigned through Case Management
- Providing project related support and collaborating with business and technical teams to develop requirements and design solutions
- Participating in Upgrade and Enhancement efforts
- Proactively searching for methods to improve operations and data integrity.
- Working with the application support staff to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Coordinating infrastructure related efforts with the system administration staff
- Supporting the work to migrate components to the Identity Cloud Platform
- Supporting 24/7 operations and periodic on-call duties
- Documenting and presenting technical options to inter-organizational and outside customer contacts
- Providing resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems
- Determining and developing approach to solutions and ensuring objectives have been met
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience in information systems, computer science or related field.
- 5 – 7 years of experience with Enterprise level middleware and database technologies in Development and Production settings
- Good understanding of Web and Application technologies, e.g., Apache, WebLogic.
- Very good familiarity with UNIX/Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Solid interpersonal skills, with ability to work well with people of all levels of information technology expertise
- Ability to multi-task and work under limited direction in a largely self-managed environment
- Good understanding of Cloud Operating Platforms and Services
- Experience with a Development environment/language
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Experience with implementing and supporting 7x24 production Identity Management solutions.
- Experience with Java Development
- Knowledgeable of Identity Management concepts, e.g., Identity Governance, Reconciliation, Provisioning, Virtual Directories, Federation, Security, Authentication, Authorization, SSO, Auditing.
- Experience with Oracle's IDM suite of tools, e.g., OIM, OAM, OVD, OID
- Experience with Oracle relational databases and SQL
- Three to five years demonstrated progressive experience using IAM products
- Three to five years’ experience in an administrative and IT environment
- Experience with the IAM Technologies preferably Oracle Identity Manager Suite of products and Oracle operating environments
- Typical office environment.
- Primary work location is Shrewsbury, MA however; travel to all campuses may be required.
- This role may occasionally require working at times during evenings and weekends to support the needs of the department and System Chief Information Officer.
Salary commensurate with experience up to $110,000.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.