Attention: All employees of the Presidents Office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved
exemption on medical or religious grounds. Individuals with approved exemptions must wear face coverings in public indoor settings and submit proof
of a negative COVID-19 test on a weekly basis.
Assistant Secretary to the Board of Trustees
Job no: 512975
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: Beacon Street-Boston
Department: PO - Board of Trustees
Categories: Administrative & Office Support
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
The Board of Trustees’ Office is responsible for assisting the Board members, coordinating committee and board meeting logistics, and record keeping. Confidentiality required on certain matters. The Board of Trustees’ office collaborates with the President’s Office and the General Counsel’s Office. The Assistant Secretary supports the Secretary to the Board and must have extensive knowledge of office management procedures.
- Attend all committee/board meetings (including special Board meetings)
- Perform committee/board meeting related duties under the direction of the Board Secretary
- Prepare and distribute committee/board annual calendar of meetings
- Assist in drafting committee/board meeting minutes
- Assist with maintaining Board records
- Assist with Board website updates
- Assist with disseminating special communications/invitations to Board members
- Arrange and coordinate special meeting and events (Commencements, Executive Searches)
- Assist with onboarding of new Board members
- Research inquiries from University personnel and interested parties concerning Board matters
- Perform other related projects/special assignments as assigned
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of related experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite/Office 365 and Zoom
- Knowledge of Boardvantage board portal software
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to work with staff across multiple departments
- Ability to work independently
- Detail orientated and ability to follow instructions
Typical office environment.
Salary up to $80,000.
Primary Work Location:
One Beacon Street, 31st floor, Boston, MA
Standard Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00a-4:30p (or alternative schedule approved by supervisor)
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.