Attention: All employees of the Presidents Office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved
exemption on medical or religious grounds. Individuals with approved exemptions must wear face coverings in public indoor settings and submit proof
of a negative COVID-19 test on a weekly basis.
Job no: 510574
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: South St Shrewsbury
Department: Human Resources
Categories: Human Resources, Administrative & Office Support
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
The Coordinator has responsibility to work collaboratively with the Human Resources team within the UMass System’s Office (UMSO); to assist in the administration of Human Resources activities in the areas of staffing and recruitment, personnel transactions, report management and distribution, and other Human Resources related activities.
Under the general direction of the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Coordinator works closely with Director of Employee and Labor Relations, Director of HR Operations, and the Director of Compensation providing administrative support when necessary.
- Performs a wide variety of administrative tasks and functions for the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Director, Employee and Labor Relations, Director, HR Operations, and the Compensation Director including coordinating meetings and agendas, filing, data entry, mail and email, and related activities.
- Greets the public, answer telephones, receive, and refer UMSO employees and visitors, and give general information concerning the department and/or the UMSO.
- Updates and maintains the HR website ensuring current content is accurate and any required changes are completed.
- Coordinates the process for creating and distribution New Hire letters from the President of the University system.
- Creates and maintains confidential employee files and personnel action documents.
- Receive, sort and distribute mail.
- Create, maintain, and update forms and purchase orders.
- Receive, sort and distribute mail.
- Assist with the Annual Performance Review process
- Serve in a backup role for the following activities:
- Monitor financial expenditures against department budget, coordinate the payment of invoices, tracks variances, provides assistance with creation, approval, and preparation of purchase orders, accounts payable invoices, employee expenses, and Procard payments and provides reporting when necessary.
- Initiates ePAF’s for the processing of new hires, salary changes, job changes, and any other data related items.
- Reviews Roll-On forms and communicates to appropriate individuals the necessary actions needed; retains all required personnel records.
- Assist Operations Manager with special projects and coordination of day-to-day operations as required.
- Provides information and updates to staff via email, UMass Connect and Visix digital signs.
- Assists Operations Manager with the management of the CSF conference center; respond to conference room inquiries and equipment and conference-call bridge requests.
- Occasional front office coverage; handling telephone inquiries etc. for other UMSO departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of administrative work experience.
- Proficient with Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is essential.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience working in a Human Resources office.
- Prior experience in higher education environment preferred.
- Usual office environment.
Salary will be commensurate with experience up to $55,000.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.