Attention: All employees of the Presidents Office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved
exemption on medical or religious grounds. Individuals with approved exemptions must wear face coverings in public indoor settings and submit proof
of a negative COVID-19 test on a weekly basis.
Senior Communications Manager UMass Online
Job no: 510542
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: South St Shrewsbury
Department: UMass OnLine
Categories: Public Relations, Marketing, Communications
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
The Senior Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and executing brand communications and marketing strategies for UMass Online with the goal of attracting, engaging, nurturing and retaining key audiences to strengthen brand awareness and differentiate the University in a highly competitive landscape.
This person will lead the strategic development, management, and day-to-day operation of organic and paid social media marketing, marketing automation and content – developing lead nurturing and communication strategies, as well as campaigns to help drive lead generation for prospective students looking to enroll in online classes.
In addition to strengthening and supporting the UMass Online brand, the Senior Communications Manager will be responsible for collaborating with each of the UMass campuses (UMass Amherst, Boston, Dartmouth, Lowell and Worcester Medical School) and divisions (UMass Global, Donahue Institute among others) to showcase their strengths, accolades, faculty, and students as it pertains to online learning.
In this role, the Senior Communications Manager needs to have strong communication and writing skills, be self-driven while also being able to work on a team, and the ability to be detailed-oriented in a fast-paced environment.
- Creating a monthly social media calendar for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter social media marketing
- Developing, executing and measuring results of paid social media campaigns aimed at generating leads for online programs offered through UMass online
- Designing, implementing and measuring lead nurturing strategies utilizing marketing automation, email marketing, retargeting, and other communications tactics to engage and support prospective students all the way to enrollment
- Creating and managing the thought leadership editorial calendar to continue to showcase the University’s credibility, and longstanding history as a leader and innovator in online higher education
- Managing graphic designers and content developers for marketing communications related creative and imagery that align with the brand ethos and identity
- Providing a monthly social media report – sharing results across KPIs with Senior Leadership
- Providing PR and Marketing support to the UMass President’s Office as needed
- Developing website copy, blog content, press releases, social media, and ad copy
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Bachelor’s in related discipline (i.e., communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, or related field)
- Seven experience in communications role
- Strong set of written and verbal skills as well as problem-solving capabilities
- Teamwork and the ability to lead and motivate their staff to produce high-level, brand-driven content
- Written, verbal and digital communication skills
- Analytical skills to solve problems and find the best way to convey a message
- The creativity to produce exciting and interesting content
- Organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize projects while working on a deadline or in a fast-paced environment
- The technological ability to work on a variety of digital platforms and create web/mobile content
- Typical Office environment
Salary will be commensurate with experience up to $95,000.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.