Attention: All employees of the Presidents Office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved
exemption on medical or religious grounds. Individuals with approved exemptions must wear face coverings in public indoor settings and submit proof
of a negative COVID-19 test on a weekly basis.
Intern - Academic Affairs
Job no: 509785
Position type: Internship
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: Beacon Street-Boston
Department: Academic Affairs
Categories: Other Staff Positions
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Are you interested in gaining applied experience with data and analytics? The Academic Affairs and Economic Development unit within the University of Massachusetts Office of the President is offering a paid internship for current University of Massachusetts students (students attending any of the five UMass campuses). We’re looking for talented people who crave learning new skills and aren’t afraid to take on new challenges. As an intern, you will get to work with a variety of our staff, while supporting real projects that will help our organization grow and succeed.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is curious about the world and finds it easy to walk into a room and make some new friends. Someone who has interests in education, quantitative statistical methods, and data visualization, and has proficiency analyzing data in packages like SPSS, SAS, R, Python, and Tableau, among others.
In this internship, you will learn more about the higher education, research, and statistical analysis. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have opportunity to network with other professionals in the higher education field.
- Collecting and reviewing institutional metrics around admissions and enrollment, academic programs, faculty & staff, and alumni
- Generate statistical analyses to help inform strategic initiatives
- Help develop online tools and processes that improve operational efficiency
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Current UMass student who is enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program of study.
- GPA 3.0 or higher.
- Creative, eager to learn, motivated, and willing to take initiative on assigned projects/tasks.
- Reliable and detailed-oriented with a strong ability to multi-task, stay organized, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be well organized, detailed oriented, and possess good follow-up skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion when interacting with staff.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Typical Office environment
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.