Attention: All employees of the Presidents Office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved
exemption on medical or religious grounds. Individuals with approved exemptions must wear face coverings in public indoor settings and submit proof
of a negative COVID-19 test on a weekly basis.
Intern – Procurement Operations
Job no: 509754
Position type: Internship
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: Amherst Campus
Department: Unified Procurement Serv Team
Categories: Business & Financial Services, UPST
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Primary Work Location:
The University of Massachusetts President's Office, located in Shrewsbury and Boston, MA is offering a 20 hour a week internship for Fall 2021. This is a paid internship and academic credit may also be available. The selected intern(s) will intern directly with/for Process Improvement Manager as part of the Unified Procurement Services Team. Those selected for this internship will gain valuable knowledge of the inner workings of the University of Massachusetts.
Interns positioned in the President's Office have the unique experience of working side by side with/for Process Improvement Manager and the Procurement Operations management team. The objective of this internship will be to reach stabilization in Business Operating Procedures standardization and Project Imitative data.
Interns will be responsible for:
- Standardizing and Documenting Business Operating Procedures to optimize consistency and stabilization.
- Analyzing and assisting with Project Initiative tracker upkeep to enable standard implementation and data review.
- Assist leadership in determining current state assessment, and task execution for assigned area of responsibilities.
- Assisting in Process Improvement Development responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Current UMass student who is enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program of study.
- GPA 3.0 or higher.
- Creative, eager to learn, motivated, and willing to take initiative on assigned projects/tasks.
- Reliable and detailed-oriented with a strong ability to multi-task, stay organized, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be well organized, detailed oriented, and possess good follow-up skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion when interacting with staff.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Any offers of an internship within the President's Office is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background review.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.