Attention: All employees of the Presidents Office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved
exemption on medical or religious grounds. Individuals with approved exemptions must wear face coverings in public indoor settings and submit proof
of a negative COVID-19 test on a weekly basis.
Intern – Service & Quality
Job no: 509752
Position type: Internship
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: South St Shrewsbury
Department: Unified Procurement Serv Team
Categories: Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, UPST
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
The University of Massachusetts President's Office, located in Shrewsbury and Boston, MA is offering a 20 hour a week internship for Fall 2021. This is a paid internship and academic credit may also be available. The selected intern will intern directly with Training & Communications and Customer Services functions within the Unified Procurement Services Team (UPST). The student selected for this internship will gain valuable knowledge of the inner workings of the University of Massachusetts.
Interns positioned in the President's Office have the unique experience of working side by side with Training & Communications Team and UPST Customer Services Team. The objective of this internship will be to support the intern in building and solidifying their communications, marketing and customer service skill set while supporting UPST daily activities.
Intern will be responsible for:
- Supporting the optimization of UPST communication channels i.e. LinkedIn, direct mailing using MailChimp etc.
- Crafting of bulletins and newsletters targeted at different stakeholder segments
- Support the update of UPST website information
- Supporting the creation of video training materials as needed
- Assist in the definition of communication strategies to drive user traffic for the UPST website and other communication channels
- Support the use of Google Analytics in stilling insights on communication channel usage
- Customer Service:
- Support the customer service team in providing the 1st tier support regarding UPST and UMass operations
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Current UMass student who is enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program of study within Communications, Marketing or General Business courses.
- GPA 3.0 or higher.
- Creative, eager to learn, motivated, and willing to take initiative on assigned projects/tasks.
- Reliable and detailed-oriented with a strong ability to multi-task, stay organized, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be well organized, detailed oriented, and possess good follow-up skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion when interacting with staff.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Ability to leverage social media platforms to drive marketing/ or change outcome i.e. LinkedIn
- Knowledge of any training creation tool i.e. Articulate, Camtasia or Adobe Captivate
Any offers of an internship within the President's Office is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background review.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.