Intern-Electronic Computer Operator
Job no: 509107
Position type: Internship
Campus: UMass President's Office
Categories: Information Technology
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
The University of Massachusetts President's Office Information Technology and Services located in Shrewsbury, MA is offering up to a 40 hour a week Electronic Computer Operator Intern for the Summer of 2021 at $16.00 an hour.
- Monitor the production batch schedule, responding and updating job instructions as necessary.
- Review, validate and update operational documentation.
- Provide production support as needed, logging cases, troubleshooting and escalating as necessary, including customer facing issues.
- Assist with assuring system reliability and performance through proactive monitoring of operating systems, databases, servers, services, and network devices using supplied tools (AlertSite, OEM, etc...)
- Assist with enabling/disabling monitoring and configuration of monitored devices as directed
- Provide quality customer service when responding to customer calls and or customer e-mails
- Provide internal communication of outages for equipment and services
- Consolidate information from a variety of sources to accurately validate, analyze and report outage information, including impact, cause, circumstances, and resolution
- Participate in testing/validation as required
- Current UMass student who is enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program of study.
- GPA 3.0 or higher.
- Be curious, creative, eager to learn, motivated, and willing to take initiative on assigned projects/tasks.
- Be outgoing, friendly and approachable with a passion to contribute and support others.
- Reliable and detailed-oriented with a strong ability to multi-task, stay organized, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be well organized, detailed oriented, and possess good follow-up skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion when interacting with staff.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- A problem-solving attitude
- Any offers of an internship within the President's Office is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background review.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.