Grants/Financial Analyst II
Job no: 507598
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: South St Shrewsbury
Department: University Controller
Categories: Grants and Research
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Under the direction of the Associate University Controller, this position is responsible for the accounting and reporting for grants for the President’s Office, acting as a point of contact for grant compliance and grant business procedures for the UMass campuses, as well as other financial analysis, as requested.
- Set up, monitor and close out grants in the PeopleSoft grants module for UMass President’s office, as applicable
- Serve as grants module steward for PeopleSoft grants module core team
- Design and create business processes, job aids, and control documents as needed for campus grants community
- Act as a point of contact for campuses on grant business procedures within the PeopleSoft Grant Suite
- Perform subrecipient monitoring risk assessments and document for campus grants offices to reference
- Coordinate annual Uniform Guidance (UG) audit process, working with campus grants core team and external auditors
- Assist in the preparation/review of the schedule of expenditures of federal awards and related footnotes
- Create and submit the University’s data collection form in the Federal Audit Clearinghouse
- Provide campus support on ECRT system and business functions
- Assist in the preparation of the University quarterly financial reporting package and assist with preparation of annual University financial statements. Prepare related work papers, footnote disclosures and fluctuation analyses
- Perform complex and detailed reconciliations, close processes, research and critical analyses; identify underlying issues, research possible solutions, make recommendations to department leadership
- Gather and analyze financial information using queries, spreadsheets, databases and other reporting tools for trend analysis, forecasts and financial ratios
- Assist in identifying efficient and effective processing opportunities using technology to enhance reporting and reduce manual applications/spreadsheet utilization and improve controls
- Keep abreast of UG regulations and changes enacted by the Office of Management & Budget impacting UG compliance.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or similar field
- Knowledge of UG requirements and related reporting requirements
- 3-5 years working experience in accounting, grants management or equivalent field
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the ability to interpret and apply advanced and complex accounting rules
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Knowledge of billing, accounts receivable and cash management business processes
- Knowledge of research administration
- Must be able to travel occasionally to all UMass campuses and the Boston central office.
- Typical office environment.
- May require occasional hours on nights and weekends.
Salary up to $68,500
Please include a resume, cover letter and contact information for three references with your application.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.