Job no: 506404
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Department: Unified Procurement Serv Team
Categories: Accounting and Finance, UPST
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, the Contract Specialist is responsible for reviewing and preparing contract agreements per standard policy. The specialist executes low- to mid-dollar routine contracts and/or standard form contracts and related documentation in accordance with established policies and procedures.
The Contracts Specialist will provide contract support to Buyways end-users and be able to interact effectively with procurement specialists, supplier/vendor managers, and external vendors/suppliers.
- Reviews requests and prepares routine responses to proposals, bids, and contract modifications; may also prepare simple requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Analyzes contract requirements, special provisions, terms, and conditions to make sure they comply with relevant laws, regulations, corporate policies, and department procedures.
- Drafts and negotiates simple contractual instruments commensurate with skills and grade level.
- Communicates contract policy and practice to internal business teams.
- Reviews, approves and executes contracts in accordance with corporate and/or department guidelines.
- Prepares and administers routine correspondence, negotiation memos, and contract documentation to ensure timely and coordinated submittal.
- Prepares, organizes and maintains records and files documenting contract performance and compliance.
- May conduct research to support contract audit and or facilitate department contracting trends.
- Performs contract closeout activities.
- Assists mid- to high-level contract professionals when working with internal or external business teams on issues and developments related to assigned contracts.
- Assists staff with the use of business applications that are used to manage contracts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Accounting, Business or related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years of general business or contract-related experience
- Experience working in an institution of higher education
- Experience with People Soft
- Basic knowledge of corporate policies and procedures
- Basic knowledge of contracting concepts and public contract acquisition law and regulations
- Good to strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to draft simple contractual documents in accordance with prescribed templates and guidelines
- Typical office environment
Salary up to $58,500
Please include a resume, cover letter and three references with your application
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend