Applications Specialist I
Job no: 503968
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Categories: Information Technology
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
The Application Specialist I is primarily responsible for the support of the business application operations; monitoring processes, uploading data, troubleshooting production issues, etc. Under the direction of a supervisor the Application Specialist assists in the intake and general design of system enhancements, improved business processes data analysis and testing.
The Application Specialist will also maintain daily production schedules using scheduling software for one or more of the following applications: Human Resources, Finance, Student Administration, Summit (BI), and other 3rd Party applications.
- Translate functional business requirements and add, modify or remove jobs in the job schedule using the BMC Ctrl-M product.
- Support the setup of file transmission with Infrastructure Team.
- Resolve issues concerning file transmission failures with vendor or customer.
- Develop deep expertise on job scheduling software.
- Develop functional expertise as it relates to job scheduling.
- Act as a back up to other scheduler(s).
- Maintain procedural documentation.
- Monitor job status, taking action where necessary and escalating as appropriate.
- Run monitoring or status reports as required.
- Update batch logs and maintain job notes for the Operations team.
- Provide support on special projects as required on topics such as reporting or security.
- Participate in testing activities; recording and running scripts for performance and application testing
- Uploading data using automated tools
- Work intake and general designs
- Test defined application enhancements or fixes
- Participate in a regularly scheduled on-call rotation and work with operators off hours to troubleshoot batch issues.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent with emphasis in information systems or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in a business or technical setting with experience supporting departmental applications.
- Basic SQL experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service ethic.
- Solid interpersonal skills with ability to work within a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree is a plus
- Knowledge of the scheduling tool BMC Ctrl-M a plus
- Knowledge of the PeopleSoft HR, Student or Finance modules is a plus
- Typical office environment. The position is located in Shrewsbury, MA.
- Occasional off hours work including some weekends and holidays
Salary up to $75,000.00
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend