Job no: 503506
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Department: Unified Procurement Serv Team
Categories: Other Staff Positions, Accounting and Finance, UPST
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Reporting to the Director, Service and Quality, the Data Analyst will develop analysis and reporting capabilities. They will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements. With guidance and requirements from product owners / stakeholders, the Data Analyst will work closely with the IT department to build actionable reporting and presentations. The Data Analyst will be responsible for designing and creating intuitive and insightful visual dashboards that vividly express metrics and KPIs.
- Design visually interactive and actionable dashboards using data visualization tools.
- Analyze and understand data and identify data issues and anomalies, document them and work with IT professionals to put processes in place to correct them.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Interact and collaborate with cross-functional group across supply chain, IT, finance, product and others to design the best possible analytics solution.
- Understand the needs of managers and leadership to present the results that can be easily consumed and acted upon
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- 1-3 years’ experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Master’s Degree in related field
- Typical office environment
Salary up to $65,000.00/annually.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.