Customer Service Associate
Job no: 503505
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Department: Unified Procurement Serv Team
Categories: Other Staff Positions, Administrative & Office Support, UPST
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Reporting to the Director, Service and Quality, the Customer Service Associate provides administrative and customer service support. This position will field requests and inquiries from University departments/units and vendors and will identify, interpret and research issues seeking resolution to ensure customer satisfaction in compliance with all applicable University processes and procedures. The Associate will assist departments/units on proper completion of procurement and accounts payable transactions, procedures, and available self-service tools. Service support also includes routing inquiries appropriately to Tier 2 according to defined business rules and procedures or contacting departments to gather and verify information.
- Provide phone, email, and online customer service to internal and external procurement and accounts payable customers.
- Answer calls and respond to emails on a timely basis.
- Provide attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to concentrate and perform with constant and varied interruptions and the ability to prioritize to meet deadlines and follow schedules.
- Research issues needing resolution and develop solutions that comply with all applicable UPST processes, procedures and policies.
- Recognize pre-determined triggers for escalation as well as ability to search knowledge base and provide clear directions based on defined solutions.
- Escalate issues of a more complex nature to functional team members as needed. This may require routing inquiries appropriately to Tier 2 support according to defined business rules and procedures.
- Document all reported issues and proposed resolutions according to established standard operation procedures.
- Develop and maintain a base of knowledge from content acquired from ongoing customer interactions.
- Attend required trainings to ensure knowledge base of processes and procedures remains current and up-to-date.
- Develop and maintain relationships with procurement and accounts payable customers across the campuses to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Communicate to customers across all campuses of proper methods for conducting procurement and accounts payable transactions, procedures, and available self-service tools.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Associates degree in Business or a closely related field
- Minimum of 1-3 years of work experience in a customer service environment
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service skills
- Ability to handle multiple phone lines and multi-task effectively
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear, pleasant, and grammatically correct manner
- Knowledge of software such as Windows and Microsoft products: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint or equivalent;
- Internet navigation skills and the proven ability to quickly learn new systems.
- Typical office environment
- Must be able to travel occasionally to all UMass campuses and the Boston central office
Salary up to $45,000.00/annually.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.