Job no: 503216
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Department: Unified Procurement Serv Team
Categories: Administrative & Office Support, Administrative Professional, UPST
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
The role of the Executive Administrative Specialist is to provide complex administrative support to ensure compliance with the established policies and priorities of the organization. The incumbent will perform a variety of professional and administrative duties that facilitate the day-to-day operations of department. The Executive Administrative Specialist will provide a high level of support with highly confidential materials and will be required to exercise independent judgment and action. This role will foster excellent working relationships with leadership and colleagues throughout the University of Massachusetts system and outside constituents.
- Provides wide range of complex office administration and support to Chief Procurement Officer
- Coordinates the flow of business in a busy, high volume office on behalf of the UPST team which may address up to $1B in UMass expenditures per annum
- Works closely with the day-day operations, which may include resolving problems that have a significant impact on the overall goals of the department; serves as a principal administrative contact and liaison with all University constituents and external contacts.
- Provides logistical support including organizing meetings, and preparing for meetings and managing projects.
- Prepares and administers the department’s budget.
- Provides status reports and responds to requests for information and data in an efficient manner.
- Acts as a resource to interested persons to answer questions about the department.
- Responsible for program planning and development.
- Completes research projects as required; analyze and assemble data for report preparation.
- Ensures compliance of policies/procedures; reviews and interprets where needed; recommends changes and updates as required.
- Represents the department as appropriate with external and internal contacts. Answers and routes phone calls, mail, email messages and may handle wide-range information dissemination.
- Prepares memos, documents and correspondence as requested; reviews, assesses, routes, answers and monitors follow up action steps on correspondences
- Provides wide ranges of support including: keyboarding, composing and editing letters, memos, reports and UPST presentations:
- Responds to department’s emails, mail, messages and email while maintaining diplomacy and confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains appointments, travel and calendars; Prepares and edits presentations.
- Prepares correspondence and communications as it pertains to the management team.
- Maintains a high standard of professionalism and attention to detail while maintaining a very strong sense of confidentiality.
- Flexibility & adaptability with the capability of managing a complex and substantial workload while also driving delegated projects and tasks to completion, often with minimal supervision or direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five years progressively responsible administrative experience or equivalent experience with proven office administration and customer service skills
- Solid working knowledge of office processes and policy and of related computer software and electronic communication tools
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in word processing, presentation software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required; Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience in an educational institution and/or a governmental agency.
- Willingness to learn competencies across the Finance and Procurement functions over time.
- Typical office environment.
- Must be able to travel occasionally to all UMass campuses and the Boston central office.
- May requires occasional hours on nights and weekends.
Salary up to $75,000.00.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.