Director, Service and Quality
Job no: 503167
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Department: Unified Procurement Serv Team
Categories: Accounting and Finance, UPST
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
The Director, Service and Quality reports directly to the Chief Procurement Officer and is responsible for customer service, training, communication, systems/data analysis and to deliver service at the highest level to clients that focus on quality, productivity and cost in an environment that fosters employee engagement, supports continuous improvement, manages risk, and ensures compliance with all policies and regulations. Monitors, analyzes and reports on service delivery and performance; maintains Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); identifies continuous improvement opportunities and makes recommendations for policy, process and procedure improvements.
Management responsibility includes Training, Customer Service and Systems/Data Analysis.
The position is expected to directly supervise a team of Service and Quality personnel. In addition, the Director will work with the Directors of Strategic Procurement and Procurement Operations to be responsive and proactively plan for and address the needs of the UPST user community while delivering effective and efficient services.
- Manage a team of customer service, training, systems/data analysis, and communication staff within the UPST
- Works closely with the CPO, Director of Procurement Operations, and Director of Strategic Procurement to ensure that all service being delivered by the UPST is responsive and of high-quality. The UPST team may address up to $1B in UMass expenditures per annum.
- Manages customer (internal and external) requirements and facilitates issue resolution.
- Works cooperatively with customers to develop and implement Service Level Agreements with clear two-way accountabilities, manages service requirements, and encourages both parties' compliance with SLAs.
- Plans, directs and coordinates to set overall and team-level performance measures and goals; works with customers to resolve and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Collects and interprets performance data; monitors operational metrics to attain performance targets for processes.
- Captures error rates, determines potential service problems, and rates the quality of services provided against Service Level Agreements; Builds recommendations to further optimize the UPST platform and is a key partner in operationalizing activities that promote UPST maturity.
- Communicates to internal customers and stakeholders about UPST activities
- Identifies process and system enhancements to continuously improve operations. Creates and updates projections of resource needs.
- Works with clients to resolve issues and escalates as appropriate.
- Manages client liaison staff to ensure strong, responsive, and flexible service relationships.
- Administers periodic satisfaction surveys; analyzes results and uses as input into partnership agreement reviews.
- Presents recurring health checks across personnel, process and technology targets/SLA’s.
- Ensures staff training and development needs are met. Ensures customers receiving services understand their role and responsibilities and that they have the tools needed to perform them.
- Assists in the development of annual and strategic plans. Understands and monitors external and internal factors influencing missions and goals.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years or professional experience directly related to customer service and/or quality management experience
- 5 years of successful management experience of professional-level staff
- Excellent service, analytics, communication, and training skills
- Master’s Degree in Business Management or related field
- Experience working in a shared services environment
- Higher Education experience
- Typical office environment
- Must be able to travel occasionally to all UMass campuses and the Boston central office. The UPST team is primarily located in the Shrewsbury, MA location.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend