Business Research Analyst
Job no: 502476
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Department: PO - Mgmt & Fiscal Affairs
Categories: Administrative Professional
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
The Business Research Analyst will conduct research and statistical analyses on a wide-range of financial/administrative/operational aspects of higher education. The Analyst will be expected to compile data from external and internal sources to identify “best practices”, analyze results, and produce recommendations that align with the going forward strategy. The Analyst will report findings and provide information to organization leadership regarding results and outcomes.
- Investigate operational processes by collecting data from higher educational institutions that are both within and outside the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Design survey instruments to gather and analyze data from peer and other external institutions for comparative and benchmark analyses.
- Design, collect and analyze datasets connected to surveys and evaluations as part of the data collection process.
- Manage clearly defined projects related to research, evaluation, performance assessment, data collection and analysis
- Conduct business analysis on business problems to produce well-constructed and actionable recommendations and work plans to solve the business problem
- Communicate and present data analyses to management and other employee groups so that all parties understand issues and recommendations.
- Develop and produce written presentations for campus and University administration and other audiences
- Partner with leaders, champions, and other employees to share best practices to further accelerate the rate of change.
- May be assigned to participate in other projects related to financial/administrative processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or other related area.
- 2-3 years’ experience in research/data analysis.
- Experience reviewing detailed financial information.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience presenting findings to decision-makers.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external audiences, work effectively and independently on multiple priorities with clear deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience working in an institution of Higher Education or in a position that has provided exposure and insight into the operations of Higher Education.
- Working knowledge of financial database such as PeopleSoft or other large ERP Systems.
- Working knowledge of Excel and/or similar analytical tools.
- Typical office environment.
- Must be able to travel occasionally to all UMass campuses.
Salary up to $65,000.00
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.