Job no: 501641
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Department: PO - Mgmt & Fiscal Affairs
Categories: Accounting and Finance
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
The Budget Analyst for the UMass System Office is generally responsible for the collection, organization, analysis, and reporting of University financial, staffing and enrollment data. Budget Analysts are responsible for: learning the University’s policies and guidelines; collaborating with system office departments and campus staff to collect data, analyze for accuracy, develop follow-up and prepare reports in support of the University’s budget, quarterly reporting, capital reporting and forecasting; working to provide independent analysis of data and identifying data points that support such analysis; working independently and as part of the Budget Team to analyze revenue, expense, staffing and enrollment trends; working collaboratively within the department and with other President’s Office departments to identify data needs; and assisting in the preparation of Board of Trustees presentations and materials.
- Work with colleagues in the system office and on campuses to support preparation of Annual Operating Budget, Five-Year Financial Forecast, Quarterly Budget Projection Report, and Capital Reporting including the development of data requests and templates, compilation and analysis of campus information, trend analysis and research on historical and peer experience.
- Assist in the research, development and analysis of budget or other financial proposals initiatives or policies, including relevant data and impact on the campuses, system office, Board, legislature, executive office or other state agencies or the federal government.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- One to three years’ work experience in related field.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented; strong organization and communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills while having the ability to manage changing/multiple priorities in a highly interactive and confidential environment.
- Expertise with analytical tools such as MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable learning new systems including but not limited to Budget Application, Financial Systems.
- Must be able to interact effectively within a team environment and independently.
- Experience in a higher education or government setting.
- Support other projects and initiatives of the System Office as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to travel occasionally to all UMass campuses and the Boston central office.
- Typical office environment.
- May require occasional hours on nights and weekends.
Salary Range up to $65,000.00
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend