Manager, Business Applications
Job no: 500960
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Department: PO - Mgmt & Fiscal Affairs
Categories: Administrative Professional
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
The Manager, Business Applications will provide leadership for the implementation of process improvement initiatives, system enhancements, and delivery of production support tasks impacting the University’s administration and finance systems. This role will provide leadership in addressing business problems and/or opportunities by capturing requirements, documenting processes, and recommending functional designs using a structured implementation methodology. The Manager will lead a team of business analysts who are the primary liaisons between business owners and application developers throughout all phases of the systems implementation life cycle. S/he will lead strategic projects for the roll out of new processes and systems.
Through an in-depth understanding of financial business processes, with technical acumen and knowledge of how to enable processes to be effective and efficient across a range of systems, the Manager will deliver innovative business consulting, business process design, systems integration, and project management to promote a consistent and intuitive user experience across systems.
Leadership and Supervision for Business Analysis
- Sets expectations and prioritizes workload for a team of business analysts across a range of concurrent implementation and support responsibilities. Provides guidance and direction to team on assigned work units, troubleshooting, and addressing escalating issues.
- Communicates regularly with functional subject matter experts to understand business needs, analyze usage patterns, and identify opportunities to improve the user experience.
- Documents functional requirements, analyzes gaps, and identifies alternative approaches to meet requirements.
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Collaborates closely with business owners to ensure enhancements satisfy the required needs of the business and campus.
- Coordinates with University Information Technology Services (UITS) personnel in managing implementation methodology and addressing technical requirements impacting solution designs.
- Facilitates requirements and design meetings with business stakeholders.
- Fosters an environment of knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Collaborates well in a matrix environment.
- Leads projects to deliver process improvement capabilities for University administration and finance systems. Defines objectives, deliverable, schedule, and resource needs for implementations. Manages timelines, scope, issues, and risks.
- Regularly communicates status updates and timeline to internal team members and external stakeholders.
- Delivers presentations to communicate project updates and demonstrate new functionality.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related field or business administration
- Minimum of 7 to 9 years of relevant work experience
- Understanding of general accounting principles
- Project management experience; highly organized with superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Prior experience supervising a team of business analysts
- Have experience managing at least two major projects of six months or more
- Strong technically and an outstanding project manager
- Self-motivated, collegial and service oriented, and an excellent communicator.
- Motivating leader who can continuously seek operation efficiencies and promote team engagement
- Strong meeting facilitation skills and ability to clearly communicate to a wide range of business stakeholders.
- Experience in K-12 or Higher Education setting is preferable
- In-depth knowledge of administration and finance cloud-based solutions
- Master's degree in technology related field or business administration
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification or equivalent
- Must be able to travel to all UMass campuses, Shrewsbury Boston central offices as needed.
- Typical Office Environment
- May require occasional hours on nights and weekends.
- Perform other duties as required
Salary Range - Up to $120,000.00
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend