Customer Relations Specialist
Job no: 499639
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Department: UMDI-MassHire Greater Brockton
Categories: Administrative Professional
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Primary Work Location:
34 School St., Brockton MA 02301
Normal Work Schedule:
Standard full time work schedule consisting of five eight-hour days and 40 hours each workweek. Work performed may require a change in availability at specific times to accommodate for variations in work demands.
The MassHire Greater Brockton Career Center is a non-profit One-Stop Career Center that is managed by the University of Massachusetts Donahue Institute (UMDI) and is overseen under charter with the Brockton Area Workforce Investment Board (BAWIB). The MassHire Greater Brockton Career Center is located in downtown Brockton and provides employment and training services to job seekers and employers. This position is a key member of the Job Seeker Services Team, with the primary responsibility of the initial customer assessment and direction of subsequent work flow, acts as a communications hub for the office, and assists with the coordination of staff schedules. This position works as a pivotal member of a highly integrated team, and has an important role in ensuring customers are directed to the appropriate next steps in their Career Center experience.
General Position Duties:
- Act as the initial point of contact for the MassHire Greater Brockton Career Center customers.
- Handle meeting and greeting of all the MassHire Greater Brockton Career Center customers.
- Pre-screen customers and determine proper referral to the appropriate service(s) and/or staff member at the MassHire Greater Brockton Career Centeror in the community at large.
- Assist customers with their application and enrollment into the Center.
- Primary communication point for incoming calls from the public.
- Independently oversee front desk operations
- Provide an initial assessment of needs and make decisions regarding subsequent workflow.
- Independently make decisions about answering questions or forwarding calls to appropriate staff.
- Facilitate the enrollment of customers into the MassHire Greater Brockton Career Center through the accurate completion of the appropriate intake applications.
- Ensure customers are able to efficiently access appropriate and available MassHire Greater Brockton Career Center resources.
- Create a professional and welcoming environment for all customers of the Center including job seekers, businesses, state and local officials.
- Maintain an adequate supply of publically available materials at the front-desk.
- Control the flow of customers into workshops, computer labs, and the Resource Room, while also tracking those activities.
- Maintain organizational staff attendance and direct customers to the appropriate alternative staff members when a schedule change has occurred.
- When applicable, participates in teams to examine processes around customer service.
- Provide clerical support to management when needed.
- Maintain record keeping in accordance with established procedures.
- Assist with the design and creation of marketing materials for such activities as employer recruitments, holidays, and closures.
- Under the supervision of the Manager of Job Seeker Services, update the MassHire Greater Brockton Career Center Social Media accounts including Twitter and Linked-in.
- Provide backup Resource Room coverage as needed.
- Cross train with other team members to provide coverage as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- High School or GED required.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated proficiency in various computer applications required, including Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Three to five years of experience in a similar customer relations position
- Associates’ Degree.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter.
- Demonstrated ability to speak read and write in English, and other additional languages are preferred. Additional languages preferred include but are not limited to: Spanish, Cape Verdean, Haitian/Creole, and Portuguese.
- Multiple hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This role requires strong attention to detail, high levels of accuracy and organization, and the necessity to meet deadlines. Some lifting of supplies and materials. Environment is a busy, open office area resulting in multiple interruptions and requests for assistance.
- Must be able to work both independently and as a team member and with varying amounts of support, as project assignments may require.
- The physical/mental demands and work environment factors described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is a full time benefited position.
- No relocation assistance provided.
- Any job offer within the President's Office is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background review and credit review.
- Potential candidates will not be contacted for interviews until after the posting closes.
- A skills test may be required.
- This position is funded by grants and/or contracts, and is contingent upon funding.
- Salary range: $ 35,000-40,000.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend