Venture Marketing Specialist
Job no: 498285
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Department: PO-Economic Development
Categories: Administrative Professional
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Temporary to Permanent Position
The venture marketing specialist works to communicate and promote MTTC’s mission to state and federal government, business and industry, and other public and private institutions of higher education. The focus of these efforts is on areas of science and technology important to the economic and workforce development of Massachusetts such as life sciences, clean energy, big data, cyber security and advanced materials.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director to create and coordinate public relations, advertising, events and marketing campaigns that support MTTC’s mission.
- Develop and grow relationships with key stakeholders, including local and trade media and government officials, to maximize visibility of the Center’s key messages, activities and programs among target audiences.
- Maintain MTTC website and social media properties. Manage email marketing campaigns and direct mailings.
- Support the development and implementation of the Venture Exchange Platform to match promising academic technologies with entrepreneurs and venture capital;
- Develop presentations, messaging and other communications materials as requested in support of multi-institutional collaborations in strategic areas across the state;
- Execute marketing and communications activities that showcase MTTC members’ assets and accomplishments in the area of research commercialization to the broader community – state and federal public officials, venture capital and business leaders.
Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years of experience in technology and/or life sciences marketing or equivalent.
- Creative self-starters with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.
- The ability to work successfully in an entrepreneurial academic environment is a must.
Startup and/or venture capital experience is a plus.
Salary Range $45,000.00 $55,000.00
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend