Winter/Spring Intern- Digital Accessibility & User Experience
Job no: 497895
Position type: Internship
Campus: UMass President's Office
Department: PO-Information Technology
Categories: Information Technology
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Are you interested in gaining hands-on experience with designing accessible user experiences? The University of Massachusetts Office of the President, with offices in Boston and Shrewsbury, is offering a four month, paid internship beginning in February 2019 for current University of Massachusetts students (students attending any of the five UMass campuses).
As an intern, you will get to work with a variety of our staff, while supporting real projects that will help our organization grow and succeed. In this internship, youʼll be a key contributor on the Digital Experience team learning about accessibility standards, conducting accessibility reviews/tests, and creating accessible user experiences. Our ideal candidate is a creative thinker who is passionate about design thinking, human-centric design, user experience design, and looking to expand their skill set to include inclusive design focused work.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Champion accessibility in all technologies
- Assist with university-wide efforts to make our websites and applications accessible to everyone
- Develop solutions to simplify the detection and corrections of accessibility issues
- Conduct audits against the latest Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) success criteria using assistive technologies on both desktop and mobile devices
- Facilitatie research sessions with users with and without disabilities, analyzing and communicating findings in an engaging way
- Consult with users regarding application requirements, identify needs, and verify scope of projects
- Document processes, solutions, and guidelines for users and colleagues
- Comfortable with sprint-based work and working transparently
- The position is based in our Shrewsbury office, 333 South Street, Shrewsbury, MA.
- Youʼll be expected to work 20 hours a week. The President's Office normal business hours are Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm.
- To be considered for the position, you must be a current UMass student (undergraduate or graduate).
- Any job offer within the President's Office is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background review.
- Hourly Rate for this internship is $16.00 an hour
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.