University Information Technology Services Internship
Job no: 497861
Position type: Internship
Campus: UMass President's Office
Department: UITS-Student Applications&Svcs
Categories: Administrative & Office Support
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
University Information Technology Services (UITS), a department within the University of Massachusetts System Office, is currently recruiting for a spring and/or summer intern(s) who is passionate about using their computer science skills to develop solutions which will positively impact students and staff, increase administrative efficiency and create innovative applications for both staff and students.
Interns will have the following job duties in addition to any ancillary duties that may be assigned:
- Work as part of an integrated development team comprised of both business and developer experts
- Analyze business problems and translate that analysis into software solutions and process improvements.
- Develop on various software stacks and Platforms including:
- Linux & Windows
- Working with our development lead to tackle complex solutions and whiteboard out potential solutions in order to automate and increase efficiency of processes
- Work with business team both at UITS and with campuses to understand business needs and help develop solutions
- Work collaboratively across UITS to leverage both your skills with existing needs across the organization.
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion when interacting with staff
A successful candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Current UMass student who is enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program of study
- GPA 3.0 or higher
- Well organized, detailed oriented, and possess good follow-up skills
- Must possess leadership and strong decision-making skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience in information and technology and in handheld, portable and/or hardware.
- Understanding and proficiency in some or all of the following:
- Linux/Windows platforms
- Any job offer within the President's Office is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background review.
- Hourly Rate for this internship is $16.00 an hour
- 20-30 hours a week will be required. The President's Office normal business hours are Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm.
- Location: 333 South Street, Shrewsbury, MA
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.