Summer Intern, UMass President's Office Office of Academic Affairs
Job no: 497860
Position type: Internship
Campus: UMass President's Office
Department: PO-Academic Affairs
Categories: Administrative & Office Support
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Are you interested in gaining applied experience with data and analytics? The University of Massachusetts Office of the President, with offices in Boston and Shrewsbury, is offering an 8-week paid internship for the summer of 2019 for current University of Massachusetts students (students attending any of the five UMass campuses). We’re looking for talented people who crave learning new skills and aren’t afraid to take on new challenges. As an intern, you will get to work with a variety of our staff, while supporting real projects that will help our organization grow and succeed.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is curious about the world and finds it easy to walk into a room and make some new friends. Someone who has interests in education, quantitative statistical methods, and data visualization, and has proficiency analyzing data in packages like SPSS, SAS, R, Python, and Tableau, among others.
In this internship, you will learn more about the higher education, research, and statistical analysis. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have opportunity to network with other professionals in the higher education field.
- The position is based in our downtown Boston office, 1 Beacon Street between the Government Center and Park Street MBTA Stations.
- You’ll be expected to work 30 hours a week. The President's Office normal business hours are Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm.
- To be considered for the position, you must be a current UMass student (undergraduate or graduate).
- Any job offer within the President's Office is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background review.
- Hourly Rate for this internship is $16.00 an hour
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend