University of Massachusetts Economic Development Internship
Job no: 497858
Position type: Internship
Campus: UMass President's Office
Department: PO-Economic Development
Categories: Administrative & Office Support
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
The Massachusetts Technology Transfer Center (MTTC), housed at the UMass President’s Office in Boston, is looking for someone who in interested in learning about the venture, investment, and entrepreneur community. We run a number of programs that bring this community together and need assistance in organizing materials for meetings, gathering information on proof of concept funding, and running conferences. In particular, we are in need of someone to help with market research and customer relationship management (CRM).
Our ideal candidate will be one that is naturally curious about learning, wants to engage with the high-tech entrepreneurial community, has creative ideas, and has a desire to make an impact.
In this internship, you will learn more about higher education, research, marketing, how technology is transferred from research to industry, and key organizations in the Massachusetts entrepreneur ecosystem. You will also gain experience from working in a professional environment and have opportunities to network with professionals in all areas mentioned above.
More information about MTTC can be found here.
- The position is based in our downtown Boston office, 1 Beacon Street between the Government Center and Park Street MBTA Stations, although some of the work can be done remotely.
- Up to 30 hours a week available for the right candidate. The President's Office normal business hours are Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm. Working hours are flexible.
- To be considered for the position, you must be a current UMass student (undergraduate or graduate).
- Any job offer within the President's Office is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background review.
- Hourly Rate for this internship is $16.00 an hour
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend