Job no: 497015
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Department: UMDI - Org Devlpmnt & Learning
Categories: Donahue Institute
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Primary Work Location:
Boston, Hadley or Shrewsbury, MA
Normal Work Schedule:
Standard full-time work schedule consisting of five, eight-hour days and 40 hours each workweek. Work performed in addition to the regular work hours may be necessary, and may require a change in availability at specific times, to accommodate for variations in work demands.
The UMass Donahue Institute (UMDI) Organizational Development and Learning Solutions (ODLS) business unit is a full-service management training, consulting and education resource. ODLS works closely with clients to provide the most effective consulting and learning solutions to meet their needs.
The e-Learning Specialist role will assist with developing e-Learning modules for ODLS clients under the guidance of the ODLS Senior Program Manager. This work will require the development of custom e-Learning modules based specifically on unique client business needs and/or topics. The e-Learning Specialist will need to work closely with ODLS clients and conduct frequent design reviews to ensure modules are meeting stated learning objectives. Independent judgment and attention to detail will be critical for the person in this role to be successful. This position will also assist other ODLS team members with project coordination/support as needed.
The ODLS e-Learning Specialist will assist with the following:
- Design and Development of e-Learning materials:
- Develop new online courses and convert existing courses into e-Learning options from syllabus to final evaluation;
- Use a variety of web-based tools to enhance training efforts;
- Innovate and improve current tutorials and classroom offerings into e-Learning formats so they are more engaging and scalable;
- Recommend and research software, content creation, and interactive media;
- Utilize Articulate Storyline 360 to include the following functions:
- Build projects within Storyline 360 to specifications provided in storyboards;
- Use master slides to streamline production and increase accuracy;
- Apply best practices related to creating slide timelines, object states, slide layers, triggers, and variables;
- Integrate multi-media content, audio files and interactive activities;
- Use question banks, feedback slides, and results slides;
- Customize Storyline 360 player, settings, and navigation;
- Work quickly, efficiently, and accurately with Storyline 360 to adhere to client review and website functionality testing within short timelines;
- Delivery of synchronous e-Learning sessions (i.e. webinars):
- Use strong verbal and written communication skills to convey learning concepts to those being trained;
- Use strong leadership and instruction skills to motivate professionals to learn ideas and concepts in more efficient ways;
- Client Management:
- Convey technical processes in simple terms to non-technical individuals;
- Update client content and maintain records;
- Provide regular project updates to clients;
- Create and maintain databases to track participants, feedback, and technical issues;
- Coordinate and maintain e-learning offerings and technical infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned;
- Participate in weekly team meetings and one-on-one meetings with Supervisor;
- Assist other team members with administrative support and coordination of client projects as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in a communications or information technology field preferred;
- Two-to-three years of experience of demonstrated e-Learning expertise;
- Demonstrated knowledge of 508 compliance requirements for online and multi-media content;
- Demonstrated ability to review/edit client documents/scripts to make content concise and clear;
- Demonstrated project management skills to keep projects on time within budgeted hours;
- Demonstrated ability working in a team environment with multiple producers reviewing work, editing, and submitting files.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Five years of experience of demonstrated e-Learning experience;
- Demonstrated Learning Management Systems (LMS) administration experience;
- Demonstrated experience using Adobe Connect for webinar hosting and/or facilitation of webinar sessions;
- Demonstrated experience with video editing software;
- Bi-lingual fluency in Spanish.
- Multiple hours in stationary position and using office equipment and computers;
- Some transporting of supplies and materials up to 25 pounds;
- Environment is a busy, open office area resulting in multiple interruptions and requests for assistance;
- This role requires a strong attention to detail, high levels of accuracy and the necessity to meet deadlines;
- The e-Learning Specialist must have the flexibility to travel on an as-needed basis within Massachusetts and in some instances outside of the Commonwealth to attend meetings;
- The physical/mental demands and work environment factors described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is a full-time benefited position;
- No relocation assistance provided;
- The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $60,000;
- This position may be funded by grants and/or contracts, and is contingent upon funding;
- Any job offer within the President's Office is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background review;
- Potential candidates will not be contacted for interviews until after the posting closes;
- Application requires work samples (i.e. demo of e-Learning modules; learning design outlines; webinar slides; etc.).
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend