Primary Work Location:
333 South Street, Shrewsbury, MA
Normal Work Schedule:
Standard: Monday –Friday 8:30a-5:00p (or alternative schedule approved by supervisor).
The Senior Network Specialist is a technical role in the Network Administration area supporting local/wide area networks and local security in a multi-platform operating system environment. Candidates will be required to provide design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, monitoring, and end user support functions.
The individual will have specific skills and working knowledge of high performance networking, security, and wireless architectures and protocols. Required skills include general WAN transport, LAN protocols such as LAN switching, routing, Ethernet Trunking and Spanning Tree Bridging, High Availability firewall and wireless operation. Additional experience diagnosing network connectivity status between IP nodes such as routers, servers, clients, etc.; monitoring network links for error and utilization rates; installing and managing routers and switches; supporting multiple routing protocols; and diagnosing and resolving connectivity and performance problems is also required.
The Senior Network Specialist will work in a small team environment with minimal supervision and be required to provide design, technical support, integration, and maintenance of advanced local, wide area, and security network services. Major functions will include: selecting, integrating, and configuring a wide variety of networking services, hardware components and associated software; developing network management plans, budgetary requirements, and architectural assessments; developing advanced network solutions, standards and procedures; performing network integration projects, network performance analyses, problem resolution and network security initiatives.
Typical Information Technology (IT) off-hours configuration and on-call rotational support are also required for this position, as well general support of team projects and initiatives.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, scientific or engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years production support and hands-on work experience in a high performance network environment
with an ability to resolve complex network issues in a multiple vendor, multiple technology, multiple customer environment.
- Network switch and router configuration experience, including spanning tree and routing protocol configuration experience.
- Firewall knowledge, configuration, and support experience.
- Wireless provisioning and support experience.
- Multi-Site VPN, Multiple DMZ, AAA Security, IPSEC, SSL, RADIUS, and TACACS+ knowledge.
- Knowledge of network monitoring and support tools e.g. SolarWinds, KIWI, IPAM.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to develop and deliver presentations (MS Word, Visio).
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with people of all levels of information technology expertise with a wide range of constituencies and organizational relationships.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Product / Technology Certifications (CheckPoint, Aruba, Cisco, Juniper).
- Advanced routing protocol experience with OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP protocols.
- Experience with Juniper and Cisco switch/routing products.
- Multi-Domain CheckPoint firewall configuration and support experience.
- Checkpoint 3200 and Cisco ASA5500 VPN configuration and support experience.
- Network Access Control (NAC), role based access experience via Aruba policy management.
- Aruba wireless control platform and policy management experience.
- Internet Service Provider (ISP) provisioning and multi-customer experience.
- Ciena Carrier Ethernet and optical transport support experience a plus.
General office environment in professional facility. Some remote site work is required as dictated by equipment installations, modifications, or troubleshooting. On call and off hours work may be required.
- This is a full time benefited position.
- The salary range for this position is $100,000 - $110,000.
- No relocation assistance provided.
- Any job offer within the President's Office is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background and credit review.