Primary Work Location:
333 South Street, Shrewsbury, MA 01545
Normal Work Schedule:
Standard: Monday –Friday 8:30a-5:00p (or alternative schedule approved by supervisor).
The University of Massachusetts seeks to implement a secure, uniform transformation and routing service that enables request/response, publish/subscribe, file and database integration, guaranteeing delivery with full monitoring and transaction support. University Information Technology Services (UITS); a department within the UMass System Office; provides a wide range of technology services including support for this new Digital Integration solution positioning us for future growth and flexibility.
UITS supports a wide range of constituents, both at the campuses and the President’s Office. We are committed to providing high quality information technology services and leadership that enable the mission of the University system. We work directly with staff at Amherst, Boston, Dartmouth, Lowell, the Medical School, and UMass Online to deliver important services to students, faculty, and staff striving to be efficient and effective.
As an Integration Specialist on this team, you will be responsible for implementing recurring scheduled and real-time integrations for internal and external systems. Examples include integrations with health and financial vendors, cloud CRM solutions, student housing systems and many other systems typically found in a Higher Education environment. This role will also support production integrations, maintain documentation and apply any operational enhancements or fixes.
You will be working side by side with other teams inside UITS including Applications Development, networking, security, server, identity management and specific application support groups. This includes being able to deliver a level of business analysis and requirements gathering sufficient to creatively solve problems and continuously improve our service delivery. Your role requires a high level of collaboration and problem solving in way that maintains a positive expectation for successful outcomes.
This is a techno/functional position that requires solid analytical, customer service and attention to detail skills. The ability to handle stressful situations and perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and within tight time constraints are required. Training on the integration platform will be provided.
- Analysis and documentation of integration requirements and specifications
- Set up and support a variety of integrations using various technologies
- Serve as the primary contact for assigned integrations
- Once integrations are live, work with 3rd parties if troubleshooting/support is required
- Attend any required integration-specific meetings
- Primary point of contact for onsite staff for assigned integrations
- Ensure security and Data Governance rules are followed
- Work with the technical resources to define and build APIs as needed
- Assist University resources with integration tasks
- Document platform policies and training materials
- Work with UITS departments and campuses to promote adoption of the platform.
Other duties include special projects as required.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Familiarity/experience with Integration concepts, technologies and patterns
- Familiarity/experience with SOA concepts and technologies
- MS Office, experience working with Excel
- 1-2 years of experience in an IT office with demonstrated progressive experience in supporting departmental applications.
- A strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques
- Strong Analytical capabilities
- Strong communication skills needed to communicate professionally and effectively with constituents, vendors and colleagues – through email, conference calls and in person meetings
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience in information systems, computer science or related field
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Familiarity with a Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, or SQL Server, etc.)
- Familiarity with identity management concepts, virtualization or cloud concepts, networking, Windows or Linux
- Experience with Java/Web and object orientated programming
- XML, JSON, knowledge of web services (SOAP and REST)
- Ability to apply new ideas and technologies to meet an ever-evolving user function
- Able to transition back and forth between activities effectively
- A self-starter highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Primary work location is Shrewsbury, MA however; travel to all UMass campuses may be required.
- Typical office environment.
- This role may occasionally require working at times during evenings and weekends to support the needs of the department and System Chief Information Officer.
- This position will report administratively to the IDM supervisor but will take project and work direction from the Digital Integration Program Manager
- This is a full time benefited position
- The starting salary for this position shall not exceed $90,000.
- No relocation assistance provided
- Any job offer within the President's Office is specifically conditioned upon the potential candidate consenting to and successfully completing a background review.